“Conducive for Business trips” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Basingstoke

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Basingstoke
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Basingstoke
“Conducive for Business trips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here for a four day training course. Rooms modern, fresh and clean, food was great, staff were really polite and very helpful in all areas. Never had to wait for refreshments through the day as staff were always efficient. Only two slight minor points: no blind in bathroom window which backed onto the front of the hotel. Also, bar prices expensive. Would be happy to return.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shaun W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Basingstoke, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear DeeLT

I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Basingstoke. I am delighted that you had a great experience whilst staying with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide great value; hence, I have escalated your comments regarding our beverage prices forward.

Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include Holiday Inn Basingstoke.

Shaun Wilde

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed for two nights on a business trip.which required the use of two conference rooms. From booking in to leaving I could not be more happier with the service. I have stayed in other holiday inns but this one was far better than any of the others. The staff where friendly and helpful but more than anything they where all efficient and professional. Nothing we asked for was too much trouble to the point of one staff member going home to bring his personal printer when all other options to print from our laptop had been exhausted. The evening meal option was very reasonable as a starter, main course and two drinks cost £20. Would highly recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear nimdibs

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to complete a review regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Basingstoke.

I was most delighted to read your comments about the excellent service you received from the team during your stay. My team work very hard to ensure that all our guests are made to feel welcome and comfortable whilst staying with us and I will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to them individually.

Once again I would like to thank you for your comments and I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Basingstoke in the not too distant future.

buxton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here last week. Typical holiday inn and good value for money. Room was adequate for my needs. Breakfast was busy, but good selection to choose from. All staff were friendly and helpful. Good links to motoway, Would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear jaghir30

Thank you for your review and choosing Holiday Inn Basingstoke. I am delighted you had a great stay with us and hope to see you return in the future.

Cheshire UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed for the night over the weekend, The room was lovely, nice clean and inviting, was impressed with the bathroom, shower etc (the large bath sheets are a nice added touch), the bed was lovely and comfortable as well.
The room was roasting when we checked in so we had to leave the window open until bedtime to try and cool the room a bit (yes i know its November but wow was it warm in there)
We didnt eat in the hotel so cant comment on food.
Reception staff checking in and out were very polite.
Only negatives i have on the hotel were the room walls must be paper thin, as i was woken very kindly by who ever out neighbours were for the night at about 2am returning to their room and then chatting for about 45 minutes and i could hear every word, another point also we were in room 222 which is directly at the top of the stairs for floor 2 so everyone on that floor has to pass your door (yes you hear them all and im a heavy sleeper) so if you dont want disturbing and get allocated this room ask for another if possible,
Would i use this hotel again, probably yes but would probably ask for a room as far away from the stairs as possible.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MzKat
Dear MzKat

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review onto Tripadvisor regarding your recent visit here at the Holiday Inn Basingstoke.

I appreciate the time and effort you have taken to inform me of your experience and I am sincerely sorry that you did not get the best night sleep with the noise level. I will of course ensure that your kind comments are passed onto the team to ensure they are recognised for their great service.

Once again I would like to thank you for bringing the matter to my attention and I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Basingstoke in the not too distant future.

Weil am Rhein, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed here one night on a business tripa and was pretty satisfied. The room was well appointed and I liked the overall design. The Bathroom was well equipped, too and I found the bed very comfortable. Reception staff on check-in was friendly and efficient. There was a nice, small bar with very friendly staff. Breakfast was not outstanding but good. I appreciated the high standard of cleanliness and enjoyed a good and quiet night of sleep.

The only negative aspect of my stay was the check-out process which was rather slow and the receptionist not being able or willing to get the billing address right for quite a while.

Overall value for money was ok and I consider to come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shaun W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Basingstoke, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear cocos_knight

I was most delighted to read your comments about the cleanliness and comfort of our bedrooms as well as the excellent service you received. However, please allow me to apologise for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had during your check out experience. I truly value your feedback as this gives us the opportunity to improve.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in the basingstoke holiday inn but unfortunatley it was not for us. We will not return there and possibly not to another holiday inn. The food was good but pricey, the room was good with the best TV we have seen but the service left a lot to be desired. When we booked in we were not given any info about the restuarant, place or times, we booked bed and breakfast with a free first night dinner , as we thought, but when we sat to order we are told we are limited to £20.00 each. This would be almost impossible to keep to but by having almost the cheapest starter and main course without a sweet we did so. Even then the cost listed would have been including two drinks £50.70, on the Sunday evening we went to a local bub and had a far bigger and better meai for £28.50. To use my wife's laptop in the hotel would have cost £5.00 per HOUR. When we went to book out there was a long wait while the manager was contacted, I have no idea why as I had no query to ask about, we just wanted to go home.
I thought it strange that a hotel resturant was not open for meals on a Sunday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Shaun W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Basingstoke, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Laurie02

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with. We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. I am deeply sorry you received service that was less than satisfactory. We are hospitality professionals and pride ourselves on delivering world class service. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Naas, Co. Kildare
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

It has very efficient and helpful staff at front of House. Our bedroom was really up to what was desired - with fine TV and tea making facilities and very well appointed bathroom. The breakfast provided a great wide range of food that set one up for the rest of the day (no need for lunch). Overall impression - very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shaun W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Basingstoke, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Thomas K

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with good feedback which I will pass to the team. I am delighted about your comments regarding breakfast and the helpfulness of the team.

I hope your future travel plans will continue to include Holiday Inn Basingstoke.

Kind Regards