“An Average Giraffe”

Giraffe - Basingstoke
Ranked #171 of 264 Restaurants in Basingstoke
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Freshly cooked food for everyone served to the sound of great music - guaranteed to make you feel good!
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Nothing outstanding about this at all. Mediocre service and average food. Quite expensive for what it is. Ok if you're in a hurry or not too fussy

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was my first visit to a Giraffe. I was surprising pleased for the type of restaurant. There was a good selection of food and drinks. We went for lunch with two young Dutch visitors who chose the burger and were more than happy with their choice. My wife and I both chose salads and these were original and well prepared, the quantity was fine for lunchtime. There was a good selection of deserts, not startling and a little pricey for the type of desert, nevertheless very tasty.

The service was pleasant and as the restaurant was not over busy we had no problems with length of time we had to wait for our courses. This was not gourmet food but good for a burger emporium.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Pretty atmosphere for all, welcoming to friends, family and others
Always have meal deals.
A good variety of new foods to choose from

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My daughter and I chose to eat at The Giraffe restaurant prior to visiting the local cinema. We decided to have the evening's selection of two courses which are very reasonably priced. The staff were very attentive and our meals delivered hot and in good time. Both courses were very tasty and very very filling. We would definitely eat there again and recommend the restaurant to everyone. It helped to make our evening together even mo9re enjoyable.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

stopped in here as i see the vegetarian selection on the menu is more than the other restaurants near by..all the staff as well as the managers seem very pushed stressed and busy,made me feel a little scared to ask for another drink...food we had half a rack of ribs with a handful of chips...i thought the portion size was very poor......and a veggie type sandwich.....all came out very small portions..for pudding we had a chocolate moose..small portion but was plenty...I also did not like the fact they add a tip to the bill at the end........I did ask for it to be taken off as i wasnt happy with the service and 3.80 or a tip was far to much....not sure if i would go back...