“Pleasant meal but why automatic tip on bill?”
Review of Giraffe

Giraffe
Ranked #117 of 255 Restaurants in Basingstoke
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Freshly cooked food for everyone served to the sound of great music - guaranteed to make you feel good!
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Pleasant meal but why automatic tip on bill?”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Met a friend for a light lunch, he had soup with garlic bread, I had a chicken, tiger prawn & mango salad. The service by our waitress Miffi was excellent, she was efficient and attentive. The food was good, my salad was better than I imagined it would be although slightly on the expensive side (£9.95). The pieces of chicken were very small indeed.
We noticed that a 10% tip is automatically added to the bill, something I must say I resent. If I want to tip then I will tip without the need for it to be added to the bill as a matter of course. I have to say Miffi deserved the tip - I hope she got it rather than it going to the company.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Richard N

• Polish first
Amersham, United Kingdom
“Good food but distant service....”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Recently ate here on a Monday night, clearly the restaurant was not busy but even despite this the staff were distracted by other things rather than being attentative to the few customers they had. The quality of the food ordered was to a good standard, arrived hot and well presented.

• Visited June 2012
Basingstoke, Hampshire, England
“Once again enjoyable”
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

I visited Giraffe on Saturday evening for a family meal. As ever the atmosphere was good & so was the food. Unlike other restaurants, the meal is changed every so often, which I think is important so you tend to always have a number of options open to you. The best Giraffe I have been to in this country, a relaxed welcoming atmosphere to all & also a dairy free menu is available, which is important to me as one of my family has a dairy allergy.

Tadley, United Kingdom
“Superb breakfasts”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We discovered the Giraffe restaurant about 2-3 years ago after major disappointment at a place opposite. It is by the cineam complex in Basingstoke and offers a good range of breakfasts and lunches at very reasonable prices.

• Visited May 2012
London
“Hair in the same food twice!”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Staff is usually extremely helpful and polite, unfortunately on two different occassions I had human hair in my food which put me off eating there. Now will only go for drinks.

Visited April 2012