“Breakfast at a Beefeater?....avoid avoid avoid”
Review of Spruce Goose

Spruce Goose
Ranked #115 of 255 Restaurants in Basingstoke
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Breakfast at a Beefeater?....avoid avoid avoid”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Was recommended to try the local Beefeater for breakfast - we went today and oh boy did we regret it!. Awful service, 45 minutes to get a simple cooked breakfast delivered and awful food after such a long wait. Basic stuff like not having plates for toast - running out of obvious things and no sorry's from staff - awful service and bad food. It's cheap for a reason!. We would never return....ever!

2 Thank danny_1968

“Very bad service”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Staff were extremely slow and inexperienced, serving dishes with a kitchen cloth because the plate was hot!. Only came to see if we wanted more drinks all the time, never to check if we were OK. We decided to leave no tip and the rude waiter came outside with the bill we left behind to confront us!!

2 Thank julietteb3
“cold food”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have eaten in this restaurant quite a few times and generally had good food. I was unlucky to eat in here on the 2nd of January. I had the rump steak with chips and the iceberg lettuce. The chips were just slightly warm, the steak was warm and the mushroom and tomatoe on the plate were cold. Not even the plate was warm. I'm not sure what the dish was with the iceberg lettuce, which was covered in blue cheese sauce and no crumbled stilton on it as stated in the menu. The service was exceptionally slow and when I arrived at the restaurant I gave up waiting at the bar for a drink.

I will go back to this restaurant and make sure they are aware straight away if there is an issue with the food or service.

• Visited January 2013
Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
“Very good, value for money!!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We regularly visit the restaurant and are never disappointed. They have a wide variety on the menu and is definitely value for money.

• Visited December 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“OVERPRICED LAZY STAFF”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Was there over the festive period with friends,food is ok but overpriced

I orderd my food 10 mins after my friends and my food came out first and friends came out about 30mins after i had finished mine

i had the chicken skewer and chips which is £11 which came with an iceberg lettuce chopped in half and coverd in a large slop of cheese which looked like cat sick,no presentation would of been better of at kfc as chicken and chips would of been better there

table was not cleared for about an hour and half after we had finished and it wasnt really buisy also empty glasses were not collected for the whole time was there over 3-4 hour period which which had acumilated to over 20 glasses between a group of friends over a few hours period.

The staff behind the bar seemed be to buisy playing with beer matts behind the bar instead of clearing tables.

it only seems to be in the uk we have the worst service lazy staff cant even be botherd to collect glasses,clean tables.

all in all you would have a more enjoyable experience in another restaraunt dont waste youre money here.

• Visited December 2012