“Lovely stay, great friendly staff!”

The Basingstoke Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Basingstoke
Adelaide Hills, Australia
“Lovely stay, great friendly staff!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We booked in for two nights and arrived very early but the lovely reception staff gave us a room straight away. If fact, they couldn't be more helpful by printing off a map of where we had to return our hire car and given us directions to the Anvil Theatre. Breakfast was good and the hotel is only five minutes short drive by taxi to the town centre. Room was very comfortable and warm and the beds are to die for! As a complete package we couldn't fault it. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Management16, General Manager at The Basingstoke Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your such positive feedback posted on this website.

I am delighted to to learn my reception team were very helpful with assisting you with directions both to the Anvil Theatre and also when returning your hire car. I am so glad that you found your room warm with comfortable beds.

We do value our guests feedback whether positive or negative so that we can monitor and assess our service standards, so that we may improve our guests experience.

Thank you very much for your personal recommendation and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Basingstoke, in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Norfolk
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Spent a night here whole visiting relatives. The reception staff were warm and friendly. The room was comfortable. The bar area was great with Sky TV. The menu offered veggie options and the food was good. This was well worth the money. Will stay again

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay and found that it was very good value. Thank you also for your very positive comments concerning my reception staff. it is very pleasing for me to know that your welcome was warm and friendly.

We do value our guests feedback as it is in this way that we can continue to improve our customer service standards and I am so glad that you will stay with us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed here over Easter 2014 for a family reunion & visit to Legoland. From the word go the staff looked after us. Nothing was too much trouble. Although not our first choice it could not have been better. It is a bit too far from Legoland - about 45 mins drive away - but acceptable. On the Sunday it rained. 10 children aged 10 years to 3 weeks! They allowed us to use the children's playroom & so we had a most unusual inside picnic. I would recommend this hotel for families without reservation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Management16, General Manager at The Basingstoke Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Hilton Basingstoke on the Trip Advisor website.

It is very pleasing for me to learn that you were so well looked after by my staff and found nothing was too much trouble during your family reunion and visit to Legoland.

I am sorry that the weather was not in your favour on the Sunday, however I am so glad that you were able to have your " unusal inside picnic" with the 10 children in our children's playroom
and I am sure that a delightful time was had by all!

Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay with us, we do value our guests feedback whether positive or negative, as it is in this way that we can monitor and assess the service we provide so that we may improve our guests experience.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back, in the not too distant future.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

stayed here overnight at a training weekend. All the staff were very friendly. The assistant who was by the buffet was helpful. The lounge and bar area are lovely. The food was mostly good but I did not think the choice on Sunday lunch was good as there were two vegetables containing mushrooms which I do not like and i had to have some salad. The facilities for the training were excellent . Thanks for keeping us going with lots of chocolate cakes and profiteroles.
The room and bathroom were clean and of a good size and i was pleased to see a bathrobe and slippers for myself along with a very good selection of tea, coffee and also nice toiletries.I am surprised to hear complaints about the beds as my was extremel,y comfortable, in fact please could you tell me the type of mattress topper you use as i want to buy one and do not know what sort to get.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Hilton Basingstoke on this website.

Thank you also for your very positive comments regarding to my staff and your room with amenities. I am so glad that you found all my staff were very friendly and enjoyed your meals, however your feedback is noted concerning Sunday buffet choices that were not to your liking and I have forwarded your comments to our Head Chef for his information.

I am delighted to learn that you were kept going throughout your training with plentiful supplies of chocolate cakes and profiteroles.

Your feedback with regard to the bed is much appreciated and I am so pleased that it was comfortable for you. I am sure if you comtact our Head Housekeeper direclty she will be able to assist you with information as to your future purchase of a mattress topper.

Thank you once again for your very valued feedback, as it is in this way that we can monitor and assess the standard of service we provide out guests so that we may continue to improve our guests experience.

Stergos Karrasavvas
Tahoma, California
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Tired room, noisy room with worn carpet. Room smelled like air-freshener spray was losing a battle with rotting fish. No hot water on my second morning. No maintenance engineer on-site. I had to take a cold, washcloth "shower" before checking-out a day early, furious. Experience has lead me to limit my expectations for mid-range British hotels, but this one underperformed against even that low bar. (Food was decent, though.)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Robert W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for review on Trip Advisor and for completing our on-line guest questionnaire to which I have already responded personally.

I apologise for the lack of hot water during your stay that was due to a a leak on the main pipe of one of our hot water boilers and I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused. This fault required external Heating Contractors having to be called in to effect the necessary repairs/replacement, however due to the nature of this work it could not have been completed within a small timescale..

Whilst mechanical failures are rare they can and do occur and we do our utmost to resolve matters as quickly as possible and I am sorry for an obvious miscommunication regarding the situation on this occasion.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Hilton Basingstoke

Travelers are raving about these Basingstoke hotels

Northwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I arrived late in the evening. Although the welcome and service on arrival were good when I went to the bar, having taken my luggage to my room, I was not made to feel welcome, the Bar Staff were so bust cashing up they did not make me want to stay for more than one drink - luckily as a Gold Member it was complimentary, but I would have stayed and had another.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,:

Thank you for taking the time for posting a review on this website and also for completing our on-line guest questionnaire, to which I have already responded

.Unless your booking was made using your HHonors number the hotel would not have been aware of your HHonors status prior to arrival, however my Front Office Manager will look into this matter and wishes to be associated with my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I am very concerned to note your comments with regard to your experience at the bar, which is of course completely unacceptable.
Please be assured as the new manager at Hilton Basingstoke and after discussions with my Department Managers, they will be re- focusing their teams on their customer service standards and I am very sorry for the poor service received on this occasion.

Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention, we do value your feedback as it is in this way that we can monitor and assess the service we provide our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Yours Sincerely,

Hilton Basingstoke
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Myself, my husband, daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren stayed here one night as part of a mini trip to legoland Windsor. We had a double room and my daughter had a family room. We all found the service we got was excellent and felt looked after. The rooms were very good well furnished and good toiletries etc. We enjoyed breakfast the following morning where once again we were very well looked after, and the breakfast had lots of choice was well presented and cooked well. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Management16, General Manager at The Basingstoke Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on the Trip Advisor website.

I am very pleased to learn that you had a lovely stay with us whilst visiting Legoland with your family and I am so glad that you found service excellent and enjoyed the Hilton Breakfast choices.

Thank you for your very positive feedback and we will of course be delighted to welcome you back on your next visit to Basingstoke.