“Never a bad stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Never a bad stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Come to Basingstoke quite often for work and if available always try to use Hampshire Court or Norton Park (both QHotels). This hotel is has excellent leisure facilities, very friendly, helpful staff and rooms are always clean. You can choose to eat in bar or restaurant both of which are very good and reasonably priced. Free WiFi is OK throughout hotel. Choice of TV Channels could be better (possibly just by distributing freeview in the rooms). Best thing about hotel is Gym facilities, they are very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
dankelly_9, General Manager at Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear TravelGuy986. Thank you for your review following your business stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in the hotel once again. Thank you very much for your ongoing business and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Regards Dan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was the 6th Qhotel we have stayed at so we knew what to expect. Room was excellent, a junior suite, loads of room, very clean and tidy. Staff very friendly and attentive throughout the hotel and for the whole of our stay, even though they were busy at times. Leisure facilities excellent and really miss the daily swim before dinner now we are home. There were a few problems with food but they were dealt with quickly, with no debate and left us feeling satisfied with the outcome. Happy to visit again, hope that room is free!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
dankelly_9, General Manager at Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Ian G, thank you for your review following your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and made good use of our excellent leisure facilities. I hope to welcome you back soon. Regards Dan.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I come to Basingstoke on business once a month and this is my hotel of choice. Comfortable rooms, good food and free wifi so I can work / watch Sky on my iPad! This particular visit I was given a Superior Room, which was a nice surprise, as was the check in. The lady on reception knew who I was and what time I wanted dinner in the restaurant, before I said it! Excellent! See you next month!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Steviesquash, Thank you for your review and making us your hotel of choice in Basingstoke. I am glad you enjoyed the upgrade and we got the extra touches right. We look forward to welcoming you back next month if not before. Regards Dan
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of days whilst in the area for business, and this time I had more time to explore the hotel and area. First of all the check-in was efficient and now as a member of the QHotel group 'breakaway club' I managed to secure a lovely junior suite. Bedroom was not very spacious but it did have a separate lounge area with couch, table, tv and fridge to make up for it. Bathroom was great with a shower and huge bath, along with plenty of toiletries and a dressing gown. Chose not to eat in the restaurant due to the very high prices for what seemed an average at best menu. I drove around 10 minutes to find a lovely pub set on the riverbank (see my other reviews) serving great food at a fraction of the price of the hotel. The leisure facilities are great with tennis courts, several swimming pools, saunas, steam rooms and a large gym. Breakfast both mornings was excellent with an array of options including cooked and continental. Also there's a small retail park round the corner with a tesco, M&S, costa etc.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the carpark which may disturb light sleepers
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
dankelly_9, General Manager at Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear peachiepagan. Thank you for your review and thank you for choosing to stay with us again. I am delighted to hear that you such a great time with us again. I look forward to welcoming you back soon I hope. Regards Dan.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Room was comfortable, but considering we had one of the "superior" rooms which were supposedly bigger, it was on the small side, have had a lot bigger at a travel lodge, wardrobes/bathroom straight as you walk in made it seem very cramped. Little on offer in terms of TV on the room and no guide to k ow what was on or which number was which channel... Bed.. Amazing, very comfortable fresh sheets, worn out stained carpet needs a re think. Was meant to be chocolate and wine in the room when we arrived, was meant to be a treat to surprise my girlfriend as we went for her birthday but had to telephone for this, was also told when booking I was meant to get an upgraded toiletry pack, whatever this means, was a standard hotel soap and "shot size" body wash and shampoo, which I would expect from any hotel , but not as upgrade so assume this was wrong... Rooms hot, need air con, communal areas clean, we had massages in the spa which were exceptional, very relaxing I actually fell asleep at one point! So cannot even begin to fault that! My girlfriend says the girl who massaged her was very friendly and talkative, so that's a plus, we booked dinner for half 8 and the restaurant was nice and quiet, very well laid out, nice food, generous portions, amazing chocolate sundae! Service good, although I was given sauce with my steak then had someone bring me over another sauce half way through, which was strange... Had a beer with dinner which smelt funny, after drinking about a quarter the smell started to get worse. I think it was the glass but when I mentioned it an apology was given and another pint given straight away, breakfast, what I would expect for any hotel buffet, overall good, but not amazing, for close to 250 pounds for one night there's better places to go.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Martyn B. Thank you for your review following your break with us. I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your experience of the hotel and in particular the dinner and spa. I am though sorry to hear that certain other thing were not up to par. Your chocolates and wine should have been in the room when you arrived and clearly we aim to always serve great tasting beer so I apologize this was not the case for you. I hope you might visit us again, the next time you fancy a break in the area. Regards Dan.
Berkshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Lovely hotel, nice pool and a great nights sleep! Restaurant wasn't great for dinner, food mediocre at best, but a lovely stay. Staff at the front desk were helpful. We had a room overlooking the courtyard which was lovely when it was sunny!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Dombey99. Thank you for your review following your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear you had such a good time with us and that you found the hotel so relaxing. I am sorry to hear that the food in the restaurant did not make more of a positive impression on you. This is something we will continue to work on. I hope you will come and visit us again soon. Regards Dan
Warwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night only. Friendly and efficient greeting. Smart,clean bedroom and bathroom. Facilities include 5 tennis courts, gym,spa and swimming pool. £100 all in which is great for what was on offer. Breakfast in the smart dinning room was as good as if not better than many hotels of this type. Didn't need to eat for the rest of the day!!! All round service by staff was excellent.
The Q Hotel group offer a breakaway club (£10 to join) which offers special deals on accommodation, food and added value extras inc £50 B&B rate on Sundays. Seems like excellent value.£50

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tono_11
dankelly_9, General Manager at Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Tono_11. Thank you for your review following your quick getaway with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us so much. I agree that the deals you get as a breakaway club member are really good value and it is great to hear that our guests think so as well. Hopefully you will be back in the not too distant future. Regards Dan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Basingstoke
Norton Park - A QHotel
Tylney Hall
Tylney Hall
#1 of 1 in Rotherwick
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,232 reviews

Been to Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel? Share your experiences!