First of all the tennis.I spent over a week there with the intention of honing my tennis skills and losing some weight.what I found was a hotel that has moved from being a destination "tennis" hotel to one that caters for the local budget business trade. In fact aside from their excellent in house tennis coach -Shaym a charming young man- the hotel is clearly looking to shed itself of offering tennis. The outside clay courts are now lying unused without nets and only rubbish remains flying around - Sad! They do not even offer a ball machine to practise on. There are 6 excellent in house courts left but the famous Centre Court that was the showpiece of the hotel has now being converted to a tacky rock garden.
The staff are lovely and very helpful. The hotel is located close to small shopping mall and is five minutes from Basingstoke. Food is reasonably ok.The most important point is that it is cheap and the rooms are good.. There are two decent pools and a full sized gum that are heavily used by locals.
However now the bad.
1) In room TV is terrible- awful reception -hardly any channels and only dud movies available to buy.
2) DO NOT go for a massage - a waste of money. I tried three therapists . Only one demonstrated some knowledge of the craft and even that was unsatisfactory the other two were unbelievably bad.
In conclusion I get the impression after staying there that it deserves a two to maybe three star rating. Q Hotels the present owners are busy changing the hotel into a budget business offering which is fine and which is what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern well presented full service hotel boasts a unique and broad range of facilities that make it ideal for guests travelling on business or for pleasure. Ideally located in the quiet Chineham area of Basingstoke, making it convenient to both the M3 (J6) and M4 (J10) with easy travel to Newbury, Reading, Andover, Winchester, Farnham and Farnborough. The Hampshire Court is nicely designed around a courtyard garden with an terrific feeling of space. There is Complimentary wifi throughout the hotel and the Coffee Lounge, Bar and Restaurant areas are well served by an established and excellent kitchen and service team. Perfect for business meetings or weddings and other social events, the Hampshire Court has function rooms to suit any size of event from 2 to 1500 people. The superb leisure facilities include 5 indoor tennis courts and both a kid's pool and an adult only pool. The well-equipped gymnasium is also supported by a comprehensive range of studio activities. The luxury Spa offers a full range of body & beauty treatments featuring Jessica nail and ESPA products. For families with younger guests, the separate kid's pool and a brilliant games room makes it easy to have a fun and relaxing break without typical concerns of disturbing other guests. The games room includes a new Ipad Station and a Wii stand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Court Hotel - A QHotel Basingstoke
- Hampshire Court Basingstoke