“Mediocre food when it finally turned up :-(”
Review of Agra Balti

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have been a regular diner at the Agra Balti Restaurant over the past couple of years however tonight decided to try their takeout/delivery service. I ordered simply, prawn jalfrezi, rice & a naan at 6.55pm and was told the wait would 1hr to 1hr 10m, which I said was fine as I appreciated they were busy just before xmas. At 8.20pm (1 hr 30m) I was told sorry delayed by the weather be another 10m.......phone again at 8.50pm (2hrs!!) to be told sorry again still the weather be there soon, your bill is £11.70 just give the driver £10....I complained and was told if the driver wasn't there in 4 or 5m it would be free. Generous.....the driver finally turned up at 9.05pm (2hr 15m from ordering) and said that will be £11.70 and I told him to speak to his boss who then demanded £10 from me. Not the end of the story, I unpacked the food in the kitchen to discover it was stone cold.................I heated it up in the microwave and note the takeaway option is nowhere near the standards of the main restaurant. I called again to state it was cold to be advised but he only just left the restaurant it must have been the weather!!

The moral of the story, NEVER EVER VISIT OR ORDER FROM THE AGRA BALTI AGAIN. They do not know the meaning of customer service.

1  Thank vampireangel

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We came here for a birthday meal and were really pleasantly surprised. We were met with generous portions of really flavoursome dishes at reasonable prices. Having now tried all of Basingstoke's curry houses, this is by far the best not just in terms of quality but also value for money!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Agra is fast becoming a favourite of the family’s. The decoration might not be the best, and to be honest it's looking "a little tired” However it's the food that we go out for not the decor...!!! Enjoy.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

When I first came to Basingstoke I couldn't find a halal place to eat but agra balti was the first time I had a indian meal because before in london I had a lot of fish and chips. I really liked my experience at agra balti. Service was excellent and food was cooked very nicely no burned food. Keep up the good work Agra

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had dinner the other night. Great service, even if the restaurant was almost empty.
The food was disapointing. I had Sheek kebab with a lot of burnt onions on top. The meet didn't taste anything...Then I had a Lamb Passanda. Same thing, no taste.
Bottom line is that service doesn't make a restaurant, you also need good food. I don't recommand this restaurant as it is Today.

2  Thank NicoWFr