“Cosy meal in the evening sunshine”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lime Leaf

The Lime Leaf
Ranked #12 of 253 Restaurants in Basingstoke
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Restaurant serving authentic Thai food. Situated in a 16th century two storey building in Basingstoke's Top of Town area. Small intimate dining areas suitable for small group bookings up to 16 persons.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Cosy meal in the evening sunshine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Had dinner here with two friends last night. Of course everything always has a wonderful glow on a lovely English summer evening but actually I think the Lime Leaf would deliver even if it hadn't been such a perfect evening. The menu was not as daunting as it can sometimes be in a Thai restaurant, all my favourites were on it and some interesting sounding new dishes too. The starters were standard but well prepared and prettily presented. The winner was certainly the grilled shrimp sticks which were picture perfect and tasted great too (apparently too good to share!!). The mains were a really generous size and all three of our dishes were delicious. I am looking for a excuse to go back!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank kmc894

• Polish first
Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely mid-week meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Really surprised how busy the restaurant was on a Wednesday evening. We had the set-menu for 2 people - the waiter took time to explain the dishes to us as we ordered. Food arrived quickly and was proper hot - straight from the kitchen and clearly no hanging about. The starters were very tasty and the mains were also well presented and full of flavor. The staff were very helpful and attentive but that classic example of not hovering too much. Desserts were OK - we shared a gateau and enjoyed it but I would not order it again. Décor was nice and it was not too noisy or too quiet.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank nahill17
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Busy, Cosy and Great Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I hadn't been to this restaurant before so a friend suggested we go there for a catch up of a Wednesday evening. It was jam packed which I was surprised about on a Wednesday night, but a good sign! This place has character as must be an old 'uneven floored' building, even though we were tucked away in a corner as so busy we weren't forgotten which can sometimes happen. The mixed starter plate was a delicious mixture of thai starters to try, wine delivered quickly and super cold, we had thai curries which were great. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody visiting Basingstoke or just fancies a good thai meal at a reasonable price!! Enjoy!!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Ems192
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Lovely first Thai experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Went here on a Friday lunchtime with my husband and we enjoyed the set menu, which was two course for £9.95. It was great value, great food and great service.

This was my first experience of Thai good and I'd definitely return. I can't comment on the authenticity as I've no comparison but I left really full and satisfied.

The reason I haven't given 5 stars is because I ordered dim sum for starters and was told they'd run out (no problem) but a man who ordered dim sum a while later on another table managed to get some. Not really sure why, but my starter was nice regardless.

2 Thank Megcrouthers
Bedale, United Kingdom
“The Lime Leaf Basingstoke”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Excellent Thai meal. Directly opposite the Red Lion Hotel. Good value for money. Has a good exterior but a little disappointing inside but dont let that put you off. Ate on a Thursday night and was very busy.

Visited May 2014