“Good food but served too quick”
Review of The Lime Leaf

The Lime Leaf
Ranked #11 of 255 Restaurants in Basingstoke
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Restaurant serving authentic Thai food. Situated in a 16th century two storey building in Basingstoke's Top of Town area. Small intimate dining areas suitable for small group bookings up to 16 persons.
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
“Good food but served too quick”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've been here 4 times and the food is very good. Many people have attended with me and it gets the universal thumbs up. Tonight though they served 3 courses in just 30 minutes which was too quick.

Visited June 2013
David W, Owner at The Lime Leaf, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the trouble to review our restaurant.. I'm sorry you felt rushed on this occasion. I've reminded the staff that diners need to be given time to enjoy the experience.

• Polish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great food, very good service”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great Thai food. The service and attention is very good and the food is excellent. This was my second visit. Easy parking in Jacobs yard pay & display near by.

Visited May 2013
Stuart, Florida
“Tasty meal”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed the food and the coziness of the restaurant. The Thai food was the best we'd had in a long while. We are looking forward to our next visit.

Visited April 2013
Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
“Great thai food”
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Eaten here many times and never had a bad meal. Sharing starters are a must, and all main meals have been nicely presented and delicious. Personally never had pudding here so cant comment, but have washed a meal down with one of their cocktails- yum!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Sarah B
“Poor flavorless food”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Pop in for a mid week dinner been here before (at the weekend ) and a nice dinner but this time sping rolls not home made really guy pop to Tesco and buy the same rubbish my partner ordered the tiger stake that some how they seam to have extracted all favor always nice when paying over £10 for I has some curry that was ok but still a poor effort I lived in Asia and very much enjoy this type of food . Just think they need to work on there details more and be consistent

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Rybo22
David W, Owner at The Lime Leaf, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
We always welcome the opinions of those who have dined at our restaurant but it is disappointing when they make unsubstantiated comments. I can assure all readers of this review that our spring rolls are all made on the premises. As for the other comments, I would only point out that they are in stark contrast with those of the vast majority of other reviewers.