“Poor flavorless food”
Review of The Lime Leaf

The Lime Leaf
Ranked #13 of 256 Restaurants in Basingstoke
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant serving authentic Thai food. Situated in a 16th century two storey building in Basingstoke's Top of Town area. Small intimate dining areas suitable for small group bookings up to 16 persons.
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Pop in for a mid week dinner been here before (at the weekend ) and a nice dinner but this time sping rolls not home made really guy pop to Tesco and buy the same rubbish my partner ordered the tiger stake that some how they seam to have extracted all favor always nice when paying over £10 for I has some curry that was ok but still a poor effort I lived in Asia and very much enjoy this type of food . Just think they need to work on there details more and be consistent

1  Thank Rybo22
David W, Owner at The Lime Leaf, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

We always welcome the opinions of those who have dined at our restaurant but it is disappointing when they make unsubstantiated comments. I can assure all readers of this review that our spring rolls are all made on the premises. As for the other comments, I would only point out that they are in stark contrast with those of the vast majority of other reviewers.

There are newer reviews for The Lime Leaf

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is the restaurant that myself and my other half go to regularly. Great Thai food, warm and friendly service. They do deals like curry club on Monday nights and early bird starter and main for a set price down the week. The VIP card is worth having as you collect rewards when you dine there which build up then you get money off vouchers usually £10.00, you will also get a voucher for w free bottle of wine on yours and your partners birthday and your anniversary. the best things on the menu are the Duck curry, Penang curry and pad Thai if you like Thai food and have not been then you should go

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Lime Leaf is usually the first choice when my husband and I have the opportunity to have a meal out together. Our most recent visit was in April when we had the Thai new year tasting menu which was delicious and very good value for money. The Pad Thai is not up to the standard of the Rumwong in Guildford but I have been very happy with everything else I've eaten at the Lime Leaf.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Pleasant ambiance, quick service, great sweets but the Laab quorn really spolied the evening - smelt awful and tasted even worse. Even the other diners at my table moved away from me when I had it in front of me. The staff seemed to think this was OK.

A shame for the whole experience would have been great but for this :-(

David W, Owner at The Lime Leaf, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the trouble to review your experience at our restaurant. The Laab Quorn is enjoyed by many of our vegetarian guests as an alternative to the Laab Kai which is made with chicken. It is very spicy and may not be to everyone's taste. I understand the staff advised you of that and offered to replace it but you declined the offer. We are always happy to advise diners on their choice of dishes and to replace any items they are not happy with.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Found the Thai food more authentic than in other places I have been and the staff are friendly and efficient. Food is served quickly with delicate garnishes. A great little place.