“Excellent”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Booked here to cater for a large party following a funeral. The food served was faultless and the staff couldn't have done enough. Have visited here just as a family and again always receive excellent food and service!!!

• Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Never had a bad meal.”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Been here several times over the past few years. I have never had a bad meal. Always have a varied menu and service has always been good and friendly. The desserts are particularly good, so save some room. Portion sizes of meals are quite good.

• Visited October 2013
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Great Friday lunch with friends.”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We meet up with friends for lunch every Wednesday and Friday. Today we met at Tavernfayre and were not disappointed. As 'senior citizens' we select from the light lunch menu and today I had the roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, my wife had beer battered cod, both excellent and great value for money.
The service, as always, was very good, the staff being friendly and attentive. After the meal we retired to the lounge for coffees to end a perfect visit, but before we left we booked for the Christmas festive meal in 2 weeks.

• Visited November 2013
bolton
“excellent”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Myself and my husband visited on 19/11/13 and we had a lovely meal, we have not been for about a year but we decided to give it a try, and we are so glad we did. I had the Cajun chicken platter, this arrived hot and sizzling and was absolutely lovely it was very tasty, my husband had the steak pie which he enjoyed I mentioned to the lovely little blonde waitress how much I had enjoyed the chicken platter and she said she would pass my comments on to the chef, I hope she did because of the previous bad reviews on here, all I can say is excellent meal, lovely place, lovely staff and we will definitely return.

• Visited November 2013
Wigan, United Kingdom
“first visit "never again!" food awful”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Went to the Tavern tonight for the first time, the place is a lovely place to sit and eat and drink but the food was absolutely terrible. I had the garlic mushrooms which were overpriced at £5.85 for 6 mushrooms and horrible, the worst I've ever had, greasy, flavourless and tiny. I think they had found the last few rattling around in the bottom of the fridge. I literally felt ill when I got home. I spoke to the waitress about them and she was lovely but she said her supervisor said there was nothing they could do as I hadn't mentioned it at the time. But I'll put it down to experience and won't be going again. Also had the steak and mushroom ciabatta, the steak was so thin I could see through it and again flavourless. Here's to a sleepless night with stomach ache........my stomach has been objecting to the assault since I got home.

• Visited October 2013