“9/10 you're going to have a fairly good experience.”

The Pavilion Indian Restaurant
Ranked #83 of 526 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“9/10 you're going to have a fairly good experience.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We've been to the pavilion a few times, not expensive, good enough food and all round decent experience. The atmosphere is ok, and the service not the worst I've ever experienced. I will continue to go back because this is a great place to go before a lads night out.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank UKworldtrotters

exeter
“Good Food and atmodpehere”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went here to celebrate my 50th Birthday with a aprty of nine. Chosen for n oother eason that it was near my home and not far to travel. Booked the table for 0730pm and there was a dealy in getting our table . Think it was nearly 0800pm when we sat down. Also a bit of a dealy in them offering us any drinks.
Once sat on the table there was also a 15 minute delay in taking our order. They were very busy and as we were talking and enjoying the night this did not seem to be a problem.

These problems apart once the food arrived it was excellent and a good choice for those who did not particlularly liek spicy food.
Waiters were friendly and joked with the party and the price was very reasonable.
Would have given five if there wa sno dealy in getting our table or ordering the food.

Wirral
“Probably wont go back...”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The staff were very friendly but when asking about curries on the menu the waiter did not know what was in the sauce of a couple of the curries.... When a different waiter brought over the food to our table he didn't actually know what curry was what... we had to guess.... The lamb was very tough and chewy.

1 Thank LH888
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Always brilliant!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Been here a few times, always good service, good food and even though its usually busy its not that long a wait.

Visited August 2012
Baku, Azerbaijan
“Shocking Service”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Went here with a few friends for a farewell dinner as one was going to work abroad. When we entered we waited for 20 minutes for a table, despite there being a few tables empty, during this time, no menu's, no drink orders or food orders taken/given.

Once we got to our table, we ordered the starter and some drinks which all came and was just like any Indian but no different from home cooked starters from Tesco.

The waiter was a misserable, arrogant 18 year old, that gave very little attention to our evening. Time between drink re-fills took a long time, and even when the orders for new drinks were placed, they were forgotten twice, and I had to remind the staff we ordered drinks.

When placing the order for our meals, we asked for chicken tikka masala, however the waiter brought us Chicken Tikka Main? (no idea what it was) asked him when he brought it to the table what it was, and he said it was chicken tikka main, I said we ordered masala, (2 other people at the table agreed we ordered Tikka Masala) yet the waiter said we ordered main, and left us to eat it. The food tasted horrible, and the chicken was dry and was like eating sand.

At the end of the evening I asked for the bill the waiter saw I asked for it and acknowledged this, however upon taking payment for the bill we waited for 15-20 mins before the waiter came back to take our payment (by this time it was not even that busy, with many free tables in the restaurant)

At the end of the evening as I was leaving I made a complaint to the waiter, and let him know he had spoiled our night, and the rude little bugger stood there smiling with a cheesy grin on his face. The spotty 18 year old should be sacked, and the staff should learn to value their customers experience at their restaurant.

Went here on a recommendation from a friend, but have to say, worst curry / indian meal I have ever had (and I have spent many years around asia and the middle east, so I know what a real good curry tastes like)

Poor all round.