“Sometimes--just sometimes”
Review of 294 Cafe Bistro - CLOSED

294 Cafe Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A small, family run business. Intimate dining. Great food at good prices. Breakfasts, lunches and evening meals. We are fully licensed too. "fresh food, cheeky wine, cold beers, hot coffee and good times!!"
“Sometimes--just sometimes”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Not wanting to travel too far from home my wife and myself decided to give this Bistro a try after picking up a flyer in a local Hairdressers.From the outside - nothing special,the good part begins when you go inside.We were greeted by Aaron and shown to our table straight away,his attitude to customers was one that many others could learn a lot from,cheerful,helpful and open.
The bistro itself is small,spotless and despite its size feels open,with plenty of space.There is a limited but well planned menu which I would say caters for most tastes including vegetarian options.The meal (we both had steaks) was of excellent quality and nicely presented by a very cheerful waitress,it is a long time since I had a steak cooked the way I like it which is bleu.Most chefs seem to be afraid to do it.Congratulations Lindsay-you`re a star!!
This bistro,I know, only re-opened recently,but if they keep up the standards they hav e now it will not be long before they get themselves a reputation to be proud of.
Would I go again--without a second thought!!!

• Visited April 2014

“Its like being on holiday”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Such an awesome little place to eat. Awesome atmosphere and great service. It feels like your on holiday when youre in there :). I had a mixed grill and I must rate it as the best in bolton. Brilliant

If you live or are in Bolton then its a must. Give it a chance and tell your friends

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food @ great value”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We've visited on numerous occasions @ various times of the day and it's always been a pleasure,
The food is fresh, great quality, and @ great value.
Whether you're after a good old English breakfast, a lite bite @ lunch or a big hearty evening meal - 294 Cafe Bistro never fails to deliver.
The staff are warm,friendly and more than welcoming.
We're more than happy to recommend this bistro whatever the occasion.

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Easier to miss than it should be, a hidden gem”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I remember when this used to be a cafe and the food was always quite nice. Therefore I was looking forward to visiting it once it reopened. I was not disappointed and have dined here a few times. The last time we visited was on a Friday which I understand to be their grill night. I had their ribs whilst the better half had surf and turf cajun style. Both meals were excellently presented and my ribs were delicious, The host was a credit to the business because he made us feel welcome and was always available if we needed another drink or some condiments. On the condiment front, whilst it may be a minor point (unless you are from Hull), this is the first restaurant that I have been to that had chip spice available. The restaurant probably suffers a little due to it's location, if it was in Manchester or Preston people would be raving about it, however because it is located on a main road alongside a selection of takeaways it is easy to miss or dismiss. However I would definitely recommend making a special trip to try it out.

Bolton, England, United Kingdom
“friendly small and delicious food”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Have been to this bistro several times and can honestly say I can still find nothing to complain about. The food is delicious,hot and good portion size . The prices are very reasonable especially the drinks that most places way over price.the owners are friendly ,very welcoming and overall atmosphere is lovely.of all the places in Bolton my 14 yr old daughter chose to hold her birthday party there as she loves the food and feels very welcome and relaxed there ....

• Visited March 2014
Aronlyndsey S, Owner at 294 Cafe Bistro, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you for your great feed back. We appreciate all the reviews we receive and love to hear what our customers are thinking
Thanks again