Premier Inn Bolton West Hotel
$51
$67
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe pubpub next doorcomfortable bedno fussnight's sleepfamily roomcooked breakfastlong journeymiddlebrook retail parkrelaxing staygood nights sleepnight staybusy roadwedding receptioneasy accessmember of staffbolton wanderers
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff were all friendly and helpful both in the hotel and adjoining pub. We had a very enjoyable stay as we were there for a wedding reception. We didn't sample the breakfast after a late night, but the lunch we had on arrival was excellent value for money. My only word of warning is if you are heading to the hotel past the Reebok Stadium, the car park entry is hard to find as it is down a side road to the right of the pub.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 7 nights here on a business trip and were satisfied with our stay on every level. We received a warm and genuine welcome from Andrea on check in, and although the room initially offered smelled of smoke, Andrea immediately changed it, and the deep cleaning team were seen on the premises during our stay, proving that the PI team took their smoke-free environment very seriously. The staff were always friendly ... and it was a genuine warmth rather than something that can be 'taught' at 'personal development' classes by an employer! Thanks Andrea, Kirby, Sharon and all those lovely ladies who made us so welcome. I'm only sorry I can't remember all their names!

It is so rare that I actually look forward to spending a night in a 'strange' bed, that I have to share with you that the bed was so comfy that it was a pleasure to come to the end of a busy day knowing that my bed would be luxuriously soft and large and .... that there would a blissful night of sleep to help me wake refreshed before the challenges of the next day!

The bedroom was a good size, so that I could work unencumbered at the desk whilst my husband relaxed with a coffee on a chair with a side table nearby. The room was well cleaned everyday and the coffee/tea facilities generously maintained. We hit a very cold patch during our stay, and the reception immediately offered us an extra heater for the room when we said that we were feeling the cold. This too, worked a treat!

Our room was at the back of the hotel - and we had no noise problems whatsoever, even on match days.

The bathroom had plenty of hot water with a good water pressure, clean towels every day, a large tub and powerful shower ... I couldn't have asked for more. It's a pleasure to be able to rely on Premier Inn producing what they offer.

We had breakfast at the adjacent Fayre and Square restaurant - the Beehive - on a couple of days. Plenty of variety, quality ingredients and very friendly waiting staff. Definitely worth the extra. However, it is to the credit of the PI staff that they didn't object to our having the odd day with a picnic breakfast in our room as well!

Some posters have made reference to the fact that this pub is well used on football match days because of its proximity to the Reebok stadium. We were there on a 'match night' and had no problem with getting good service. The PI reception staff advised us in advance when was the best time to go, and this was very helpful. The Beehive staff made sure that tables were cleared promptly, that the large restaurant area was clean and the food was tasty, attractively presented and was excellent value for money. There is also a children's play space as well as meals for children so it is a place where children can enjoy themselves and be catered for without disturbing other diners. Recommended, especially on Wednesdays for the Curry Nights!

The hotel is well-situated for Bolton Town Centre ... approx 10-15 mins drive depending on the traffic, but also well served by the local town bus service 575, and Horwich for the moors. The road opposite the hotel leads to the useful Middlebrook Retail Park and local sporting venues, Bolton Arena and the Reebok stadium, and then joins the M61 at junction 6 so you can go practically anywhere easily!

I would strongly recommend this hotel and would book here again if I were to be in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter. No lift.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alsacienne
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Had a very enjoyable night in this premier inn. Rooms were older than other premier inns I have stayed in but this did not affect the cleanliness. The room was spotless. Receptionist was very quiet on check in, to the point where it felt very uncomfortable. Only really spoke to ask about adding breakfast and to give room directions.
location wasnt great, right next to a roundabout, and I had to drive up the rd and come back on myself to get to it. Couldn't just drive to it from the direction I came. Despite being where it was though, the room was quiet (we were on the main road side)
Evening meal was in the bee hive fayre and square, not owned by whitbread. Food was gorgeous.
Will def stay at this premier inn again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here on Friday during a blizzard! Check in/check out were quick and efficient and staff very helpful and friendly. Room was very clean and comfortable. You know what to expect with premier inns and this was no exception. Rooms at the back are quieter than the front.
Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone. Didn't eat at the pub next door but had breakfast at nearby tesco's which was appalling!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter than the front
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HolidaykingEngland
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here at the weekend. I'm always happy to stay in Premier Inns and I know what to expect and this was no exception. Check in with Adele was faultless, swift and with a smile - Adele's good humour relieved the stress of having spent a Friday rush-hour bypassing Leeds, the room on the first floor was a good size, well appointed and clean.

They appeared to be busy with the local police that evening, There had been an incident down the road, but fuss was kept to a minimum. That's not to say it's an unsafe neighbourhood, it's perfectly safe, and this was a one-off. Adele reassured anyone who asked that there was nothing whatsoever to worry about.

The pub next door is a Fayre and Square and we ate well. However, it's more a "local" sort of pub than many that I have been to of that chain, and there was a Karaoke night on. They have pub quizzes as well - it's obviously a well-loved local boozer. Food was fine and again served with a smile and the good humour that the people of Bolton are famous for.

Wandered down to Tesco, at the next road junction, for some provisions before retiring for the night. The wi-fi didn't appear to be working, so I had to go back down to the pub to use theirs - no big issue. Sleep was great, the bed was comfortable and the room silent.

I'll stay there agin next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: There's no lift. If that's an issue, request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo