“Sunday lunch”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Went here with my parents and was not disappointed. My dad ordered a Sunday lunch which was beef, my mum ordered the cheese pie with sweet potatoes and I braved the steeplejack burger. All was cooked from fresh and was delicious. Home cooked food at its best. The bill was £42 for three meals, 3 alcoholic drinks and 2 soft drinks. Great value for money.

2  Thank Sarahbwfc E

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Me and the OH have been here a few times now while visiting friends in Bolton. So glad they've finally got a decent local. Have to say i've even started timing my visits depending on what creations i've seen on the facebook page. The burgers are my favourite, particularly the colonel. Included home made gravy and southern fried chicken with a home made burger plus amazing chips. I tried the pigs in blankets terrine just before Christmas and not sure I can wait another year to try that again. Specuals board has been tempting on each visit.

The desserts are the absolute star finale. Really imaginative, always been tasty and well presented and everything is great value for money. Bar staff did a great job too. As others have said in their reviews, when you like a decent tipple its a breath of fresh air to find people that know what theyre talking about and keen to help. I took some convincing before i'd eat anywhere in the area but this place is a real hidden gem!!!

3  Thank YorkshireBelle1
Reviewed January 24, 2014

After reading much hype amongst the Manchester food bloggers, we decided to visit The Farmers arms for the 1st time end of december. My OT opted for the xmas menu whilst I had the sunday lunch. Food was very nicely presented and of an excellent quality on this occasion and for the price, very worth while.
As we enjoyed our 1st visit so much, we decided to return again (also on a Sunday) after reading it had re-opened after the new year and with a new menu. We both ordered the Steeplejack burger. When this arrived, we were so dissapointed, the "hand made" burger looked like a frozen bought one-the meat so so compact and did not taste good (having had burgers from almost famous & Solita, we know what a hand pressed burger looks like.) The chicken and piece of bacon that was on top was so dry and overcooked, certainly did not look anything like the photos I had seen on bloggers pages! The hand cut chips were good though. All in all, very mixed opinions on this place, maybe we were very unlucky on our second visit, it was very quiet, maybe need to visit again to see :(

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We've been meaning to sample the food at the Farmer's Arms for a while. Good reviews convinced us to give it a try and we weren't disappointed. Really, really good pub grub at a reasonable price. Home made soup with freshly baked bread & scampi with home-made tartar sauce saw us off to a very good start. For mains, hubby had the mixed grill, huge portions of good quality, tasty, well cooked food. I had the home made cheese & onion pie, mash & veg. Pastry was melt in your mouth, sorry to say I couldn't finish it or try the sweets which looked very appealing. 2 courses, 3 rounds of drinks for two for less than £50, we'll be back!

1  Thank TopWanderers
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I ate at The Farmers Arms on Friday 22nd November.
Having seen much advertising with pictures and blogs on twitter and facebook me and my girlfriend came here to try it out. we felt very welcome and the staff were brilliant. to drink a got a pint of hop which was an ale that was on. and it was lovely. to eat a got a garlic prawn starter and a hog burger. followed up by a special dessert which was oreo doughnuts with ice cream. propper mint, top food and i will deffently be back, to try the hot wing challenge they have...all in all. the meal, atmosphere and staff everything was really good.

1  Thank lee b