“birthday treat”

The Chinese Buffet - Bolton
Ranked #61 of 522 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bolton, England, United Kingdom
“birthday treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Visited with my grandson and his football team they loved it drinks were a bit expensive but the food was lovely definatly worth a visit !

• Visited June 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Expensive but worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Not a big fan of chinese food nor "All you can eat buffets" but have to say the food was plentiful and very nice. Was a little expensive at £14 but it was Friday night and I believe the price varies depending on when you go. Tried lots of different starters, mains and desserts...Banana fritters were lush :) Drinks were a little over priced too

Would definitely recommend and will return again

• Visited August 2013
“DO NOT WASTE YIUR TIME AND MONEY HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Iv visited this place before an it was amazing the first time but the more I visit it, it just seems to get worse. I ate here with a friend nd my two children she had her baby with her aswell. It was quite busy as we arrived just half hour after it had opened. The food was ok. There wasn't much to choose for children. We was there for a good few hours as me and my friend was having a good catch up. I will be fair and say that the staff who was clearing our plates away was very very nice to our children she was making time to talk and interact with them and even got some colours out for him to colour on. We was eating out food still and a man who worked there came over with the bill me and my friend was really shocked at this as their normal policy or standard procedure is you eat and once your done you get up and pay at the desk. So for this man to bring our bill to us I was lost for words we both was we felt insulted as if we had to leave. We hadn't even had desert I know we was there a good few hours but still we shouldnt of been made to feel like we should rush. It was so rude of him to do that. He just rushed off and me and my friend just didn't know what to say. We stopped eating and decided to approach the maneger. We was going to wait for the man who left it on our table but there was no sign of him so I spoke with the maneger and her reply was that she was told that someone on our table had requested it and my friend and I said to her none of us asked for it so she then went to say oh I must of been told the wrong table number and sent you the bill. I'm pretty sure they all know the table numbers like the back of their hands so they couldn't of got the numbers mixed up. We felt utterly embarrassed and shocked of their actions, we will not be eating here again EVER. Its like the women didn't want to take blame and put it down to a mistake which I cab understand can happen but she made up 2 lies basicly which where not happy with. Obviously mistakes are made but from all the tines I have been there which is a lot I have never ever seen anyone ask for the bill. We felt that because we had children and where being noisy at some point and crying a little due to them being tierd and under the age of 1, its not like they needed the table because as we where leaving there was plenty of tables left. We didn't have desert we even left our food an paid and left. WE WILL NEVER BE RETURNING HERE AGAIN. It was once a lovely friendly place to eat but now its awful and food isn't so good. Will be sticking with my local Chinese takeaway from now on. Very disappointed

3 Thank shaunnagreen
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Standards are dropping”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have been here several times and usually had a great experience, however my most recent visit left me feeling that standards are dropping here and fast.

If the management do something about it fast then they can return the restaurant to its previous high standards, if they don't then it will be a case of how low it can go.

I visited at lunchtime, around 1.30. On my initial visit to the buffet I noticed that several of the dishes required replenishing. Now on previous visits I have noticed how quick the staff replenish the dishes, this was not the case on this visit; in some cases the dishes sat empty for upto 10 minutes before they were replenished. A mention of this to a staff member brought a mere shrug of the shoulders and a not interested kind of look.

As for the food, well we are informed that dishes change regularly, not at lunchtime as the dishes were the same as on previous lunchtime visits. Food quality was ok but I have to say it was nothing special, it has been much better in the past. It has led me to wonder whether they have cut back on the quality of the meats and other ingredients being used.

The CB have opened several other restaurants across Lancashire, Greater Manchester and Yorkshire and these in the main appear to get great praise on other internet sites. The original restaurant in the chain is the Bolton restaurant. Have they opened others at the expense of the quality of the Bolton restaurant? If the management care then they will be able to rectify problems at Bolton. At present it will not take much to return it to previous high standards, however leave it alone and standards will stay declining.

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Good service - plenty of choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

A very busy place but good food and good service. When some thing runs out they fill up again straight away. There is lots of choice even with the desserts.

Visited February 2012