“Terrible-Dont bother”
Review of The Brewhouse

The Brewhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Brewhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 554 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Offering guests everything you would want from a local inn – homemade, traditional pub classics a wide selection of hand pulled real ales, welcoming staff and comfortable accommodation.Plus the only pub in the area complete with its own onsite micro-brewery.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Having been told how nice it was to eat at the Brewhouse in Bolton we decided to try it for lunch.
We went today 15 Feb 13. Place looks dark, one person behind bar not friendly at all. Only one couple already eating. Great we thought. Went to order drinks asked for a coffee was advised only filter, no problem ordered that and a shandy. Then we ordered our food straight away which was only black pudding starter and a sandwich each for main. Drinks arrived, Coffee was cold, We then waited 40 mins and decided to ask how much longer it would be to be told 'I dont know' When asked why there was such a long wait we were advised' no one has booked they have just turned up'....this is a restaurant/pub!!!! We decided not to wait any longer and went to pay for the cold coffee and the shandy , which they took ha , customer service ...zero.....Will not be going back. not even an apology!

ConvivialManagement, Guest Relations Manager at The Brewhouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am sorry to hear that you find our pub dark, we always have our fires burning and lamps lit to provide a warm and cosy atmosphere for our guests.

I am aware that the manager came over to personally apologise however please accept our apologies again that your experience was not all it could have been.

We hope you will visit us again to sample our new menu and experience The Brewhouse as it should be.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

dark dull room and staff not very friendly, the menu was very disappointing, difficult to park ason a main road although they did have a sandwich board to say extra parking round the back but we strruggled to find it.

2  Thank julie r

Dear Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Please be aware should you visit again that we do have a large car park at the rear. If you are coming from Bolton town centre it is on your left just before the pub and clearly signposted, if you are having difficulties please ring the pub and a member of staff will be happy to direct you.

We apologise for your experience and hope you will visit us again to sample our new menu.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I went for a meal on quite a busy Saturday night with some family. The food was great, not expensive but well cooked and seemed to be home made - not a microwave in sight. The staff were busy but looked after us very well. The pub was full but with the right kind of people- no young thugs or idiots. Overall I'd have to say we had a great night.

1  Thank Led240670

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review on our pub. We pride ourselves on providing a friendy and personal service to our guests and I am glad this hasn't gone unnoticed.

I can confirm all our dishes are freshly made by our team of talented chefs and I do hope you will visit us again soon.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed January 10, 2013

What a fantastic place for food. I went with my husband and our 4 year old daughter for a late lunch on New Year's Eve. It was quite busy and there was only one guy working on the bar, but he did his best to get to everyone quickly and the service wasn't compromised. There is a varied choice on the menu, with a light bites menu available if you're not feeling too hungry, along with daily specials. The children's menu, at £6.50 for three courses, is exceptionally good value and there is quite a large choice.

My husband and I both had a starter and a main meal. I went for the butterfly king prawn whilst my husband opted for the mushroom pepper pot. He loved it so much that he has already tried to recreate it at home! For main meals, I had the rib eye steak (which was on the specials board), whilst my husband had the mixed grill. At £13.50, the mixed grill was good value for money, and the plate wasn't overloaded with food creating meaningless waste! The steak was cooked perfectly and so tasty.

Our daughter had veg sticks with dips for her starter, which she loved, particularly the home-made tomato chutney, followed by fish gougons with chips. Slightly too much for her to eat (by herself!), and the fish was again cooked perfectly with not too much batter. The children's menu with colouring and activities also kept her occupied and there were plenty of crayons available for her to play with.

My husband was impressed by the selection of real ales on offer, and would particularly recommend the Dunscar Bridge 'Lofthouse', which even I liked (I'm not a big fan of real ales and would much prefer a glass of wine, of which there was also plenty of choice).

A good experience, which we will be repeating very soon - if only to get the recipe for the home-made tomato chutney!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Great place to meet friends and have a meal, the food has improved recently and has impressed me, but red wine choices poor and no diet dry mixers.