“Nice cozy pub”

The Brewhouse
Ranked #125 of 526 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Offering guests everything you would want from a local inn – homemade, traditional pub classics a wide selection of hand pulled real ales, welcoming staff and comfortable accommodation.Plus the only pub in the area complete with its own onsite micro-brewery.
Bolton
“Nice cozy pub”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Went with friends from work last evening for one of the girls birthdays. I had the shoulder of lamb with spinach mash and veg. It was lovely! The lamb has been slow roasted and was very succulent. Then I had Eton Mess. It was glorious but could have done with a little more merangue! I had a bottle of the Pink Fox White Zinfandel, very nice indeed. Wouldn't hestiate to visit this lovely cozy pub again. All the girls declared their dinners lovely especially the piri piri chicken. Very pleasant and friendly staff.

This is also a micro-brewery, so if you like your beers, give it a go!

Best regards

Julie A

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Traditional yet Wonderful”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

A proper 'local' type pub with real drinkers and real guest ales. But don't be put off by this, the food is not pub grub, it was tasty, fresh and cooked perfectly. My husband had the peppered mushroom pot for his starter (he struggled to resist licking the pot!) and I had the chicken liver pate which was served in an individual pot with fresh salad and toasted ciabatta, it was very nice. Mains; husband had the cheese and onion pie which apparently gave my home-made pie some competition (grrr) and I had the chicken and chorizo tagliatelle which was also nice (maybe a little bland). We also had a side of beer battered onion rings which were fresh and crisp and not greasy. + we had 1 pint of Bombshell bitter and a diet coke, altogether it came to £28 which I think was incredibly inexpensive.

The service may be considered a little slow but, to be honest, I don't mind waiting as it tells me that it is being freshly cooked and not just heated up. The staff were also friendly and welcoming.

Highly recommended!

Bolton
“What a let down!!!!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

What a let down!!!
Food was definitely not fine dining, more pub grub.
My friend and I decided on a starter and desert as the main meals were not very inspiring.
Starter rather small and sad salad on the side, brought to the table by a very grumpy lady who just put both starters down, never asked who had ordered which starter. Desert didn't fare much better, a sticky toffee pudding with a toffee sauce and COLD custard, we asked for it to be replaced and this took at least 10 minutes, but was brought back by a young man who did apologise.
Overall an experience that sadly we will not repeat.

1 Thank shefx
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Lost the plot”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I've been here in the past and enjoyed it but it seems to have changed hands. Where one used to get home made food, now I'm not so sure.

The service was atrocious. We had to wait 30 minutes on a quiet night. No one said it might be a while and there was no apology.

My lamb burger was fine, with nice chunky chips and I had no complaint other than the fact the salad was a bit sad looking. My wife's food was however overcooked and they had completely forgotten the side order which was clearly rapidly microwaved - though even this took a good ten minutes. Again no apology, just a blank expression.

The impression we left with was that of a place where the staff don't care and the kitchen is badly organised. We won't be going again, which is a shame as the beer is very good.

2 Thank Whiskyhunter