“Brilliant little theatre”
Review of Octagon Theatre

Octagon Theatre
Ranked #3 of 55 things to do in Bolton
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is an intimate small theatre holding, I would guess, up to 250 people? Whever you sit you can see everything because each row of seating is well above the row in front, so no heads get in the way!
The seats are spacious, with plenty of leg room. The range of entertainment is varied, something for everyone. Every time I go I am impressed by the way I get totally immersed in the performance. The audience always concentrate on the action and do not distract either the performers or other members of the audience. I have attended several different presentations including drama, comedy, classics, etc and have never been disappointed. I cannot recommend the Octagon too highly

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Octagon theatre is fantastic if you like being up close and personal with the show, great atmosphere and good prices. We went watching Little Voice and thought the performance was brilliant, drinks are a little pricey at the interval but i suppose that is no different from any theatre.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Loved tinkabell who didn't talk but used noises, we understood everything, a masterpiece. A whole new view of Peter Pan, would have liked some flying but understand that the budget wouldn't stand it.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

A wonderful theatre experience can be had from visiting the octagon. This theatre is award winning and well deserved it attracts some famous names and never disappoints. I go as often as I can and have seen some wonderful plays and acting and the atmosphere is second to non

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We visited the Octagon to watch "Alfie" for a birthday treat and we had ring side seats, overall it was an extremely memorable evening watching a beautifully written screenplay from Bolton's own Bill Naughton. What could be better !!