“Excellent night out!”

37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Excellent night out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We visited the Octagon to watch "Alfie" for a birthday treat and we had ring side seats, overall it was an extremely memorable evening watching a beautifully written screenplay from Bolton's own Bill Naughton. What could be better !!

Visited November 2012

Darwen, England, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wheelchair Friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife has been seeing various shows at the Octagon since she was a child, but has been a wheelchair user since 2005.
This has not prevented her from visiting the theatre to see shows with me as her Carer!
Plenty of Room to move around + a Wheelchair accessible Toilet area!
100% Recomended :-)

1 Thank Paul C
lancashire england
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Superb live theatre on our doorstep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have had season tickets here for many years and are so appreciative of the opportunity to see professional live theatre without having to travel far. Our grand daughter also attends the Octagon Youth Theatre....excellent!!!

Leigh, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Support your local theatre!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've been going to the Octagon on and off for years and now my friend and have been season ticket holders for the last three years. We have enjoyed all of the productions / evenings we've spent there, obviously some more than others. Some productions can be little lacklustre but in the main they are highly professional, enthusuastic and well directed performances. The theatre attracts a lot of well known names - I've seen Michelle Collins, John McCardle, George Osborne, Hannah Waterman, Huw Higginson, Christopher Villiers and Christopher Ravenscroft to name but a few. I've even spotted Peter Barlow from Corrie in the audience!

The season ticket is great value for money at £90 and we always book for the audio description night as my friend is visually impaired. She is supplied with a headset describing the action onstage which is really helpful. The staff from Box Office to Bar are always helpful and friendly. The food in the restaurant is of a good quality and good value for money.

One reviewer mentions the temperature of the theatre; I agree it can be a bit erratic at times - I just wear layers so can add/remove as I wish!

I think it's vital that local theatres like the Octagon are supported by the local community - use it or lose it! One thing I have noticed is that most patrons tend to be middle age and above, unless there is a school/college group in. It would be great to see a bigger mix of people there.

So give your local theatre a go - who knows - you might enjoy it!

BOLTON
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Treat yourself to a meal and theatre outing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

If you have never eaten at The Octagon Theatre treat yourself to a meal before an evening performance in the spotlight cafe. You need to make a booking as it is very popular and there is a choice of mains and puddings, all served by fantastic staff. I regularly attend now and always look forward to the event. Incredible prices for the quality of meal provided, and an excellent find!

Visited June 2012