“Brilliant food and atmosphere ”
Review of Thai Kitchen - MOVED

Thai Kitchen
Cuisines: Thai, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delicious Thai Food, served in a friendly pub atmosphere. Generous portions, Child Friendly, Informal and relaxed. With regular evening entertainment on at weekends. Quiz nights on thursday, free pool table. Expect reasonably priced drinks, delicious hot food served on hot plates, something for everyone!
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I along with a friend popped into the the Thai kitchen for a take away, we got a couple of drinks while we waited for our food and were invited to stay and eat in the pub, which we did. The food was absolutely superb, better than any Thai food I have previously eaten (which is alot!) There was a band playing in the pub after we finished our meal so we decided to stay. All of the staff were very welcoming particularly the landlord. The price for the meal was very reasonable. I would highly recommend a visit!

There are newer reviews for Thai Kitchen

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I visited last night based on the good reviews on here and I was not disappointed. We ordered a lovely green and also a red thai curry. Good portions and very tasty. The cook who took our order was very knowledgable and attentive, asking how we found the food etc. Will be visiting again.

1  Thank Jayne9723
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Firstly, I am bias as I am a relative of the owners, but saying this I want to give an honest review. Since Hennigans Pub has been under new management the atmosphere has totally changed. As I entered it was noticeable the heating was on! Strange comment to make I hear you say but it certainly makes for a better welcome on a cold winters day/night.
Next big change are welcoming bar staff. Previous managers although very nice seemed more interested in the 'other side' of the bar where regular drinkers enjoyed a game of pool and the loud sports channel TV. Now the bar is manned by smart professionals (previously managers of The Red Bridge Tavern Ainsworth). They give their time equally between the regulars and The Thai Kitchen, no need to shout for service!!
I enjoy a glass of wine with my meal, there is now a choice. Jack Rabbit red/white was ok but a choice is always good.
Another thing to make a note of is the softer music. Nothing worse than Kieser Chiefs shouting There's Going to be a Riot while your'e eating your starter. Although the TV is on in the restaurant, it no longer has sound unless you want to watch something specific. There is always the pub side if you want to cheer on Manchester United, not that I can see any reason why you would!!
I know Ben and Pesh have worked hard to give customers an authentic Thai food experience and this is recognised by the Trip Adviser comments but as they are now working hand in hand with the pub side of the business customers can expect even better service not to mention the food which sells its self!!
I used to worry about the choice language coming from the pub side of the bar especially when I dined with my grandchildren but this has been addressed and no longer is a concern, adding to the easy, comfortable now more relaxed surroundings.

2  Thank annaspanner112
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I rang randomly to see if they served lunch. We'd seen this restaurant on TA when they were closed for hols but remembered it.
We had the shared platter which was mammoth for a starter, then I had the garlic stir fry and H has the P curry- can't remember the name.
It was all superlative. yummy +++ and we'll defo go again.
The Music nights look good too!!

2  Thank Wolfie16
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Great food freshly made to order. Unbelievably tasty and great value too. A must if you are visiting Bolton

1  Thank Baohx