“Fabulous”

Thai Kitchen
Cuisines: Thai, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delicious Thai Food, served in a friendly pub atmosphere. Generous portions, Child Friendly, Informal and relaxed. With regular evening entertainment on at weekends. Quiz nights on thursday, free pool table. Expect reasonably priced drinks, delicious hot food served on hot plates, something for everyone!
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Absolutely Fantastic food and service. What can I say about the Thai Kitchen that everyone else hasn't already said. It's first class. Shame it has to close early on Saturday nights (pub has entertainment, live music). The chef is a Thai lady and her partner is very polite and helpful in making choices from the extensive menue. The take away service seems busy.

2  Thank annaspanner112

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Visited the Thai Kitchen with my wife after reading the reviews and was not disappointed. The Tom Yam soup had a fantastic kick and the main meals we had were also excellent. Very good value as well so will definitely make a return visit.

1  Thank StuartP73
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My Husband and I visited the Thai kitchen at Henighans on Thursday evening. As I was full of the winter cold there was nothing else on my mind to eat than Tom Yam soup from the thai kitchen.

As others have said this is a music pub on the left and a thai restaurant on the right. You can pay credit card for drinks but cash only for food. I don't rate the drinks at the bar and the wine list could most definitely do with a better selection, than just Jack Rabbit white/red but the review is for the thai so this does not effect my overall rating.

I have been to Asia a number of times and I have to say how this small establishment transports me to Thailand in an instance. The food is so authentic but can also be made to your requirements i.e vegetarian, no coriander and the choice of spice in the dish. We had thai crackers, x2 tom yam soup (x1 veg x1 chicken) I had a green curry and my Husband a Pad Grapow (Garlic & Basil Stir-Fry) the soup was a large bowl but we had to squeeze in the amazing fresh and fragrant curries. Total food bill £33 for two.
So the parking is in a residential area across the road, and there is a big plasma screen with the latest sports being played along with music for the occupying bar next door. To be honest it is not my usual chosen environment as I prefer nice décor and wine and cocktail liss, however who cares when you stick on a woolly jumper and eat heart warming authentic thai, and the cold was gone in 2 days! don't hesitate to visit!

1  Thank LAKECOMO09
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just finished the tastiest meal. After sharing the Thai platter with three dipping sauces, I had king prawn Paneng curry with steamed rice and my husband had Pad Grapow (garlic and basil stir fry) with egg fried rice. My taste buds are tingling. Love it!

1  Thank MrsTRushmore
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Came tonight and didn't get to eat as the cash machine at the nearby petrol station was broke! Told them at the pub and both the waiter and chef came out to speak to us apologising that they did not have a card reader! They brought out some snacks for us! So we didn't get to eat the food but it looked good on the nearby table! We will be back.....with cash!!

1  Thank pabloboltonio
abbersbolton, Public Relations Manager at Thai Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

We're so glad you didn't leave too disappointed and we do have some Good news that we will soon be accepting card payments at Thai Kitchen! Keep up to date with us on our Facebook page to find out when this has begun at http://www.facebook.com/thaikitchenbull
Thanks