“Rice N Three is back!”

Rice N Three
Ranked #64 of 567 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was gutted when the notice went up to say R&3 was to close on Great Moor St! Today is my first visit to the new place on Bradshawgate.
R&3 is a simple straight forward diner. For those who enjoy their menus, a repeat vist always yields the same consistant standards. I have taken my wife and children and all agree it is what it is and its great ! My eldest son who is at Sheffield University exclaimed after a Kebab sandwich 'it was a life changing experience'
I hope all goes well at the new venue.
....the fieldmouse

2  Thank john b

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I'm surprised that there are some negative reviews of Rice n Three, but think that says more about the reviewers than the place. The basic concept is a plate of rice with a large spoonful of each of three curries (which change on a daily basis, so look at the menu on the website to pick your day) - ranging from £3.50 for 3 x veggie choices to £5.30 for 3 x meat. You get what you pay for, and this is not the place to go for a special meal or a romantic night out.

We wanted a quick meal in Bolton as we had to spend a long (12hr) day in the town. Rice N Three fit the bill. This is a cafe not a restaurant. Absolutely no frills. You queue at the counter to get your meal and pay at the till. If your choices are not immediately available then they still come pretty quickly. Jugs of water and glasses are provided. The minimalist approach is disigned to make sure you eat and get out.

The staff are very friendly and chatty.

The food is straightforward and good. Not the best curry I've ever had, but very high when it comes to value for money. Meals are very cheap, good quality and tasty ... what more could you want.

This is very good Indian fast food, a great option for a quick meal and cheaper than fish and chips. We'll back

1  Thank John B
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Well! My title says it all, food? No good, service? the worse of all, wouldnt see the back if the place!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you're the type of diner who likes to be pampered during a visit to a restaurant, then Rice'N'Three isn't for you.

However, if you enjoy more authentic experiences, then you will love this place.

The decor and furnishings are quite minimalist; the seats aren't designed to encourage people to over-stay their welcome.

In terms of the food, the clue is very much in the name; you get a sizeable portion of rice with three curries. I had chicken, mince and potato with pilau rice along with two japatis.

What they do very well is to achieve the right balance between quality, quantity and price. Rice'N'Three won't win any Michelin awards but you will leave feeling fully satisfied.

Whenever I visit Bolton - usually around three or four times a year - I make sure I get there early so that I can fit in lunch at Rice'N'Three. The staff are always helpful and friendly. The atmosphere is always relaxed.

In my view, there's no point in paying £20 or £30 for a curry when I can get a very decent meal for a fraction of the price.

2  Thank RedTom64
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Less quality, more moneyI work full time and i do not normally go out for meals, it was my friends engagement and we wanted a quick catch up so we decided to go to this place, im not a fan of this type of food but i thought i would just ignore all of that as my friend suggested the place, knowing she suggested it i thought i would be great but the last time she went for 2 years ago, i do not understand what goes on in this place but timing was awful, the prices were a bit steep but i ignored that and was disappointed by the value for money for food we received, it tasted really bad the chicken was chewy, no effort was put into the food, iv had better at other local places and afraid to say i will not be back again.