“Thank all your staff”

Ranked #367 of 548 Restaurants in Bolton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Hi i came to the cotton kier on new years day with my children and my parnter. The food was ok for the small about we all ate. Because my 3year old who is normal a health little man,started forming at the mouth his eyes went in the back off his head he was so stiff. i have never been so frightened. The staff and most off the restaurant came to a stand still trying to help. Hospital have no idea why or if he will ever have another fit. So THANK YOU to all your staff who tried to help my little man and calm me and my other children down. Thank you to the nurse and other people who help as well.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

A friend and I called for lunch after finding our first choice Spice Valley, didn't do lunch. The menu is standard pub grub. Average really. I was overcharged at the til, where I did query it and was told it was correct. I later discussed it with my friend and we concluded we had been overcharged. The member of staff who had served me noticed us adding up the bill and came over. She agreed we had been overcharged and gave us a refund. I thought the price for lunch and drinks for 2 was rather high for what we got, even after the refund.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I think that the food and service could be better. I pleasant place to visit for a drink after the cinema but not a good place to eat if you are in a rush as service is a bit slow and the food not that good very much like pre-packed food taken out the freezer then heated in a microwave.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Cotton Kier, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Beverley H,
Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise for service you received and for the food you were served at the Cotton Kier. I have passed on your comments to our management team and have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Fayre & Square.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

regularly visit cotton kier food good cheap pub grub , even been for the past 2 years on Christmas day with a group of 10 of us , have decided today i will not be going again until the awful duty manager has gone somewhere else , get a smile on your face , do your job properly and get some reserved signs for your tables or man your door way and welcome people in instead of leaving them stood at the door for no one to seat them only to assume they should seat themselves and then 50 mins later coming having a go at them as they should'nt have sat there , AWFUL customer service i won't be paying for again ! Every other member of staff very nice except for this lady i have had 2 dealings with her in the past month and in my opinion she is not manager material

1  Thank Burdaky
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The food in this restaraunt was the worse meal I've ever had in my entire life and to charge £19.99 for it was what is commonly known as a rip off !! we had the pre-ordered Christmas meal, the turkey was turkey roll, the cheese biscuits were soggy, the desert was still frozen solid and the drinks were well over priced. It was the most unappetising meal I'd ever seen when it was put in front of me. Some of the pre-ordered food was unavailable despite the booking being made at least 2 weeks previous.

On the positive side you could not fault the staff at all, friendly and courteous. BUT I would not recommend this restaraunt to my worst enemy unless they change the chef.....it was disgusting !!!

1  Thank Solo_Traveller187069
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Cotton Kier, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Solo_Traveller187069

Many thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback was a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your comments further with the management team. I have sent you a private message and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many Thanks