“Good Food but not happy with 10% service charge..”
Review of Sizzling Palate

Sizzling Palate
Ranked #363 of 567 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2013

A must place to eat if your in Bolton. My friend recommended me this restaurant so I decided to stop bye for dinner before heading back to London. Ensure you call the restaurant or visit their website before turning up. Food is quality and very much enjoyed the steak, with pasta, rice etc. It cost only £12.99, however don’t forget the 10% service charge and prices for drinks. The place has a multi-faith prayer room which I find amazing. A very large restaurant and cater alot of people, Will come again.

Customer C, Front Office Manager at Sizzling Palate, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We have reviewed our policy on our service charge and are pleased to inform you that AS OF 1st JANUARY 2014 the 10% Compulsory service charge for dining in the restaurant has been amended to "Optional service charge.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Food was very average
Service was good by staff members
They charge u 10% for eating in their restaurant as if the food was free. When asked to explain why??? Manager says its company policy.so u pay a hefty price for the food and not to mention the expensive average drinks and still extra 10% to dine in their restaurant.which is day light robbery and unjustified. Will not go their again.dont mind paying a high price for food of its worth it.but this is just not on....

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

In comparison to other restraunts, it was ok if you are not a sizzler person don't go , also i would advise the manegement team to improve the menu and extend it as chices are limited especially dessert menu.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Place was nice, service not so much. Food was ok, wouldn't go twice tho. Was a place to try but i wouldnt go back because of the athmosphere

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Having heard of this place from friends i decided to book a table for me and my partner for my birthday...firstly i rang to make the reservations and the man on the phone hastily asked what time and put the phone down...when we arrived the following day 10 minutes before my reservation i was asked to wait in line in the cramped foyer behind 20 other people even though i had reserved a table. 10 minutes into waiting i asked how long till my table was ready...i am assuming the man i spoke to was the manager as he was organising the staff...he barked at me that he didn't know and it was longer than 15minutes even though i told him i booked a table and he just walked away, at which my boyfriend was very angry we turned around and left the establishment as did a group of 6 girls who were stood next to us in the queue they told us the same thing had happened to them and they had already waited 40 minutes after booking a table. The service was disgraceful i will never return and make a point to advise others to the same!