“Couldn't fault it! x”

Ranked #54 of 542 Restaurants in Bolton
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We often come in for dinner with our little one after visiting the Wacky and can't fault the service, price or the quality of the food. Never had any complaints and always really enjoyed our meals.

There are newer reviews for Red Lion

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We took our friend from London for lunch at the Red Lion. My husband asked for half rice half chips with his meal. NO said the bored looking boy on the til. I asked for chips so we could share. I got rice, a cold vegetarian wrap and horrid veg. My husband didn't eat his meal either. Our friend was ok because hers was warm. And the hard sell to get us to buy a bottle of wine. Will never ever set foot in that place again and years ago it was my local. Very very very let down. Especially when a waitress came 3 times to ask us if the meal was ok. I said no and she just walked away. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

On arrival we weren't welcomed we just found a table, this was sticky and not clean atal. Many tables had not been cleared so we ended up having to sit in the walkway to and from the kitchen. I had a vegetarian burrito as I had had this before at another pub from this chain and this was cold and had no taste. My boyfriend had the ribs with fried chicken. He said this tasted like dog food and left the ribs and chicken and just ate the chilli that came with it, the staff were saying whilst serving if we don't like the food then we can have a replacement. To me this symbols that the pub and staff are aware that there is a problem with the food and the service yet nothing seems to be being done about it.

1  Thank AleshaM461
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Visited on Sunday, 6th July around 1.30 p.m. and this was our first visit as we don't live in Bolton.

We like the Fayre and Square dining experience and this didn't fail to meet all our expectations.

The staff were very attentive and friendly and went out of their way to give us brilliant service.

The menu is typical pub food, but as that is what we like this is what we expected.

I had the gammon and my friend had the burger, both cooked to perfection and plentiful.

The pub itself is very nicely maintained and we felt really comfortable and at home.

Would we go again? Definitely!!!

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We brought our daughter here for her 6th birthday at her request.
Upon arriving we asked in the restaurant if they would attach a couple of balloons we brought with us to a chair for our daughter while we went into the play area,without hesitation they agreed to.
Our daughter as always loved running around for an hour in the whacky warehouse.
Couldn't be happier when we entered the restaurant and saw that they had not only tied our balloons to our daughter's chair but they had added a few of there own nice happy birthday balloons.
Food was brought to the table quite quickly and was delicious,we all ate every bite.
The staff where all very friendly and went the extra mile to make our daughter feel special despite our visit being unplanned and not pre booked.
Very happy and will definitely go back