“Good Family Pub, Exceeded my expectations.”
Review of Red Lion

Red Lion
Ranked #82 of 552 Restaurants in Bolton
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I visited the Wacky Warehouse with my children at a childrens party and decided to try the pub. The pub was busy, and the manager found us a table and was very accommodating. The staff were friendly and good with our two young children. The meal I had was good value for money, and our childrens meals were also good, the children enjoyed their meal. I had the 8oz steak and for the price, it was worth it. We enjoyed our day at the Wacky Warehouse and then the pub, and this means that we will definately be back.

1  Thank MarkB2424

Reviewed January 15, 2014

For me, I don't always expect too much when eating in pubs. However, I must say that this place has certainly won me over. I have eaten here around 3 times and I must say that I have enjoyed it thoroughly each time. The prices are amazing for the food you get and I definitely recommend coming here if you're ever in the area!

Tip: The cookie dough pizza is to die for!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Well, really amazed at how good this experience was. We visited family over in Bolton as it was our little boys birthday and thought this would be a good place as there is a wacky warehouse. We started off in the warehouse to let my little man run himself out for a little bit. Upon arrival we were greeted very warmly, the member of staff described how it worked and even reserved us a table (phoned earlier to ask and was advised this isn't something they can usually do) which we were very happy with. The play area was very clean and provided an adequate amount of space. We moved on in to the dining/bar area. It was clean and comfortable. We ordered the food and again received very good customer service. After ordering the waiter came to double check everything was correct. The food was very quick in coming and was absolutely fantastic. We ordered the XXL burger, Square Chicken Burger and the Steak and Ale Pie. The food was so well cooked and tasted excellent. The portions are large and we were asked once was everything ok and wasn't asked constantly. The desserts are absolutely HUGE and taste far too nice!! The toilets were maintained too... Overall, we had an amazing experience. I fail to comprehend some of the reviews. I would recommend this to anyone with children. Check voucher codes as well as we had a two for one so it was even cheaper!! Looking forward to returning again!

2  Thank UKworldtrotters
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The Red Lion Pub/Restaurant at Four Lane Ends,serves great quality food at reasonable prices.I especially like the mere fact that this particular pub/restaurant offers 2 meals for the price of £10 especially for 2 people,now that is a great food deal.
They also offer a variety of different meals to suit a varied range of individuals tastes,as well as price bracket.

I have always been well satisfied when i have visted this place.The Red Lion Staff are very professional,very polite,and nothing is too much trouble for them.I have never once had to wait for food longer than 15 minutes no matter whether its been during a lunchtime i have visited the place,or even at night when it does sometimes get very busy and there is a lot of people there.
I recently had a three course meal here,and it was very inexpensive compare to other restaurants i have been to.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this eating establishment to anyone

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Let me first point out that Misspotts, I don't think you have the correct restaurant here. This is red lion 4 lane ends. They don't do tempura prawns or pork chops. So I think your review is invalid here.
You get exactly what you pay for. 2 for £10 or the 2 for deals. It's pub grub and very nice it is too! If I wanted 5* meals, I'd go to Gordon Ramsey. But for a quick affordable tea, you can't go wrong! Plus with the wacky warehouse for the kids, it really does make for a change of evening. Great staff and not long waiting. Would recommend the new hot dog, mixed grill, cod father or the new tea to shares - the burgers/hotdogs. So worth it!

1  Thank Sugarnightmare