“Delightful country pub and restaurant”
Review of The Strawbury Duck

The Strawbury Duck
Ranked #64 of 532 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Delightful country pub and restaurant”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I had lunch with a friend here recently and it was really great. We sat outside in the enclosed garden, full of summer flowers and quiet adult conversations, it was delightful. The food was marvellous. My friend had the halloumi and vegetable kebabs and I had the chicken caesar salad, and we'd recommend both. The staff were also very courteous - and to cap it off I used my Tastecard as it was midweek and we got 2 main courses for the price of 1. We will definitely be back.

1 Thank Egertonjan

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Love it”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have been here many times, but I loved my Christmas experience here.... fire roaring, lovely mulled wine, big comfy chairs, nice bar snacks such as meat pies, sweet potato fries, lovely décor, nice staff!

We live in the near by village so we walk around the Wayho res and then up to the pub, nice walk in summer and winter.

This put is dog friendly, so great for walkers.

Visited December 2012
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Great food, lovely atmosphere-definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I visited the duck on bank holiday Sunday. We were greeted with a warm welcome and our orders were dealt with quickly and efficiently. We opted to sit outside and I must say the outdoor seating area is a real treat. Recently refurbished it is a beautiful area to enjoy a meal on a summer's evening. Both our steaks were cooked to order and my special request was no trouble for the staff. Following by a few glasses of Pimms to round off a perfect evening. Would definitely recommend to others.

Wigan, United Kingdom
“Fantastic views, food and service.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a sunny afternoon sat outside eating brilliant food, admiring the views and being treated to excellent service. The staff are very friendly and I would recommend the rib-eye steaks which were cooked to perfection. Starters of saddleback sausage, potted duck, pulled pork and chorizo in red wine were equally delicious. Can't wait to return!

1 Thank Mike D
Yorkshire
“Visited twice in the same week”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Originally called here on the Thursday and we had a drink, then ordered lunch.
I had a starter of Goosnargh chicken liver parfait, which was very tasty, well presented and met expectations.

I then chose for my main Slow cooked rare breed belly pork, with black pudding mash, apple sauce, fine beans costing £ 13.95. This dish was exceptional and worth the price.
My partner went for ' Trevor's special mixed vegetable omelette ' and she said it was tasty and filling.

The following Monday we returned for a business lunch with a friend and all 3 of us were more than happy with the food.
I had again the Belly Pork, my partner had a sandwich of Pulled pork and Bramley apple and cider compote, while our guest tucked into Strawbury duck, Pan fried Goosnargh duck breast.

Granted this is not the cheapest place to eat, but the food here is freshly prepared, cooked to a really good standard and is very tasty indeed.

Matt and the team have got this nailed.

Looking forward to returning !

2 Thank Oggy-Yorkshire