“awesome guys.. awesome food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Massalsa - Contemporary Indian Tapas Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I had purchased a voucher from Groupon to use. Never been here before, but will definitely go again. The voucher was to be used as a sit in meal for 2. I asked if they could do it as a takeaway and they were more than happy to do that. No extra charge was made for the delivery. I ordered 2 extra cheese nans and some chutneys. They delivered my order on time. No extra charge was made for the extra's i had ordered. Seriously. people, this restaurant is just too good to be true. I just cannot fault their service or food. The guys I spoke to were Vinnie and Dhamesh, these guys are so polite and helpful. I often rave about my regular haunt, cinnamon in Bolton, but recently, past 3 occasions, I have been very disappointed with both the service and the food. My usual moan has been about the lack of english spoken by most of the waiters there and lack of availability of food listed on the menu. But I kept going back as I could not find anywhere in Bolton where the food matched their high quality. I am getting to the point... I have found a place that betters their food... Massalsa. My daughter raved about their chilli chicken and their Chicken Jalfrezi was awesome. The restaurant itself is small but very clean and modern. It may not have the size and decor of cinnamon, but people... go try this place. The dishes are very intriguingly different to the usual tikka, karahi etc.. Even though these are available, there are so many dishes I have never heard of on the menu. I will definitely try them one by one, they all sound amazing. The prices are slightly more than your average restaurant, but then as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for", People, if you see Groupon do another deal at Massalsa... grab it! and go pay them a visit. The staff make this restaurant fantastic, with great food thrown in for good measure.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I tried massalsa after being recommended to me. I'm now ordering from here atleat once a week and still impressed at how great their curries taste. You may pay a little more then your standard take away curry but you get very generous portions of one of the best curries in north west.

I recommended you try their lamb madras, it has the heat but packed full of flavour.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

This restauraunt is very small - it feels like a cafe rather than a restauraunt which does have an effect on the atmosphere. It is also decorated and furnished more like a cafe. The food we had was in the main lovely. I am not a huge curry fan (unlike my husband who's birthday it was) so I was pleased there was a Thai option. This was not an authentic Thai dish but was perfectly nice. My starter of bombay mushrooms was lovely, my husband's starter of onion bahji was ok but not great - no salad with it which made it a bit too much stodge. My husband's Biryani with madras sauce was amazing - one of the best he has had. Our waiter was flustered and didn't seem to have enough time - there was no personal attention and more could have been done to make us feel welcome. He did however, ask us if we were enjoying our meal. Not sure if we would go back or not... A restauraunt does need to be more than just good food although this obviously helps...

Reviewed March 7, 2012

went for my Mrs Bithrday, the staff decorated a table with birthday decorations for me and also arranged a Lovely cake for after the meal, very attentlive staff, great food, alot of the other customers seemed very happy wilst there too, overall a excellent evening, with great food, i would definatly do back

1  Thank Kapil S
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Visited on a cold wet windy evening in February. This restaurant is a lovely little warm clean and welcoming gem of a place. The two young men on the bar and front of house were lovely and the food was superb. The place was spotless, bright and cheerful. We went on a Groupon offer and couldnt fault it. Well worth a visit and we will definitely return. Thank you Massalsa for a nice night out;

2  Thank moggiemogs