“Fantastic!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Reservations
Manchester
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

I tried massalsa after being recommended to me. I'm now ordering from here atleat once a week and still impressed at how great their curries taste. You may pay a little more then your standard take away curry but you get very generous portions of one of the best curries in north west.

I recommended you try their lamb madras, it has the heat but packed full of flavour.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Good food, service could be better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

This restauraunt is very small - it feels like a cafe rather than a restauraunt which does have an effect on the atmosphere. It is also decorated and furnished more like a cafe. The food we had was in the main lovely. I am not a huge curry fan (unlike my husband who's birthday it was) so I was pleased there was a Thai option. This was not an authentic Thai dish but was perfectly nice. My starter of bombay mushrooms was lovely, my husband's starter of onion bahji was ok but not great - no salad with it which made it a bit too much stodge. My husband's Biryani with madras sauce was amazing - one of the best he has had. Our waiter was flustered and didn't seem to have enough time - there was no personal attention and more could have been done to make us feel welcome. He did however, ask us if we were enjoying our meal. Not sure if we would go back or not... A restauraunt does need to be more than just good food although this obviously helps...

Visited March 2012
Bolton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Complaints What So Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

went for my Mrs Bithrday, the staff decorated a table with birthday decorations for me and also arranged a Lovely cake for after the meal, very attentlive staff, great food, alot of the other customers seemed very happy wilst there too, overall a excellent evening, with great food, i would definatly do back

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Kapil S
Preston, United Kingdom
“What a little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

Visited on a cold wet windy evening in February. This restaurant is a lovely little warm clean and welcoming gem of a place. The two young men on the bar and front of house were lovely and the food was superb. The place was spotless, bright and cheerful. We went on a Groupon offer and couldnt fault it. Well worth a visit and we will definitely return. Thank you Massalsa for a nice night out;

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank moggiemogs
preston
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

Worst I ever had even with a voucher it was not worth it curry came asked for it to be med to hot came out tasted like a korma to top it off 2 bits of meat in the dish my mrs dish well no better asked for lamb and she got chicken and tasted like burnt spice honestly I don't normally bother writing on here I feel it's for ppl to find out for them selves but it was awfull please do t waste your money ppl complained about me food got took back in kitchen came back the same but with more meat and load of hot chillies in it tasted like a hot korma it wasn't ment to taste like that to even the garlic nan was so thin and cheap to be fair the manger DiD shout at the chef and was sorry and wiped the extras we had off the bill what was a nice jest but I will not be going back be warned if you want a nice curry don't go here even with groupon it's a rip !!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles