“Good Evening Out”

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Evening Out”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Having not been to Sottovento's for a while I wondered if the quality of the food and level of service would have changed. Well I can say it hasn't, a recent visit with friends (including one vegetarian) was a very good evening, we chose to have the set menu and all of us had plenty of choice, the food was delicious and the service excellent. Just waiting for a excuse to return.

• Visited July 2013

Adlington, United Kingdom
“very poor quality”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I really dont know why this is highly rated, we had lasagne which was the worst we have ever eaten in an italian restaurant, also the mossaka which was bland and served with a greek salad containing one piece of feta

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank boltotraveller
Manchester, United Kingdom
“italian delight.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is a really fantastic italian restaurant serving a huge variety of dishes on the menu.The decor and ambience of the place are first rate.There are some special offers if you are on a budget, ie 3 courses for £13.95 also any pasta or pizza for £4.95 on mondays.

• Visited May 2013
Bolton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastico!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I visited Sottovento last Saturday evening for the first time with my husband and 10 year old son.
We booked a table for 7pm and arrived just before. We were warmly greeted and taken to the bar area and given menus. We ordered food and were taken to our table at 7pm precisely. We had a garlic bread with cheese as a shared starter and it was to die for! For mains we ordered Rib Eye Steak, Spaghetti Cabonara and a Margarite Pizza. All were delicious, I would only add that I would have liked the option of having new/roast potatoes instead of chips, though my husband thought they were the best chips he'd ever tasted. I'm sure if I'd asked they would have accommodated me on this, The service was fantastic, the waiters kept a discreet distance but always appeared just at the right time. We were not badgered to buy more drinks or pestered to buy deserts/coffee. We did buy a desert which was a lovely tasty cheese cake. Excellent value for money, a lovely family friendly atmosphere and a great night had by all. Thank you to all at Sottovento!

• Visited April 2013
Lincolnshire
“Great food at a price to suit all budgets”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We were taken here while visiting friends who live locally and were very impressed. In addition to the quite extensive regular menu there's plenty of specials on the board as well as a selection of very reasonable 2 & 3 course specials. These consist of a choice of about 4 starters then any pasta or pizza and any dessert for about £12. There are also further offers if you visit on a Monday night (pizza or £4.95 I think).

I had deep fried brie with cranberry followed by chicken with asparagus which was really nice and came with a decent portion of vegetables. The service was friendly and efficient and they were happy to accommodate when my friend wanted to swap a tomato sauce to a cream sauce on one of the chicken dishes.

In all, I would definitely recommend this place as it is good quality food at a price to suit all budgets.

Visited May 2013