“Average food, slightly worse service”

Hot Chilli Indian Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 526 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The menu offers traditional Indian dishes, house specialties and regional recipes from Eastern India and Bengal. All dishes are individually prepared using only the finest and freshest ingredients available. The modern design and friendly service add to the exceptional dining experience at Hot Chilli. Whether it's a romantic dinner for two or a party celebration with friends and family, come and enjoy the very best of Eastern Indian cuisine at Hot Chilli in Bolton.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Average food, slightly worse service”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I honestly think the other reviews must be fakes. The food was too hot to eat, we regularly enjoy a curry and enjoy hot food but this was considerably hotter than advised. The service was poor, food took aaages to arrive, the staff in fairness were young but weren't well trained - they couldn't carry more than one item at a time and were slow with everything they did. The senior staff were moody with one exception. It wasn't enjoyable at all and for my money there are many batter places to spend your money in Bolton.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank mark h
vampire6661, Manager at Hot Chilli Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
I am very sorry to hear that you feel this way. We have worked very hard to establish ourselves as the lead choice for authentic Indian cuisine in Bolton. All our front of house staff are employed from the locality and will be equally as disappointed as we in your review. We will look to address your concerns and hope that you will visit again in the future allowing us to show you that our many excellent reviews are deserved.

Bolton, United Kingdom
“The best Indian food I have tasted!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I'm not a fan of Indian food as I have never found a place that is any good. Now I have! I was told by the manager everything is cooked fresh, and you can tell. My biryani, nann bread, etc tasted fresh. very generous portions, one could serve two people easy! I always end up leaving half my main, maybe I should learn to drink less beer during my meal! Decor is quite good, atmosphere ok as it is not very big and seems to empty at about 10:30pm as I think people go to the bleachworks next door. Service is always good, however I get the feeling the young waitresses are under very strick working conditions, almost making the service kind of robotic like! Also its very good value for money, 4 people 3/4 rounds of beers starter and main for not much over £100 from what I can remember if not less! If you want the best Indian food, in Bolton at least, look no further!

• Visited May 2013
Many thanks for your kind review.
Bromley Cross, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THE BEST INDIAN IN THE NORTH-WEST BY FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I first visited Hot Chilli with my Fiancé for the first time on a Friday evening having never been or made use of the takeaway service there we were made to feel extremely welcome by all the staff, and really enjoyed our meal and evening out.

So much so that we came back on the Sunday with the family and have continued to visit as well as making use of the takeaway service. We really cannot fault our experiences with Hot Chilli, staff have been kind, courteous and attentive to our evenings. The food has been second to none and the friends we have made in such a short space of time be them regulars we’ve bumped into or the staff really do pay dividend to just friendly and well run Hot Chilli is.

We’re now looking forward to one of the up and coming theme nights, from what we’ve heard they are something not to be missed, roll on Bollywood 2013

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Lianne O
Many thanks for your kind review and we are looking forward to seeing you at Bollywood 2013.
Bolton
“Still hitting high standards...”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited twice recently, after not making time for quite a while. Really pleased to report that quality of food and friendliness of service both remain top drawer. Superb flavours to all dishes is the norm and IMHO this remains the best Indian restaurant in Bolton

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Wazzer
Always a pleasure to have a returning customer. I will certainly be passing on your kind review to our staff.
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Ok so not reviewed this place for over a year”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Thought it was time to review this place as places can alter a lot in 12 months so here it is.

Since my last review this place has just got better and better. We are still visiting at least once a week and the food is still the same very high quality (real) Indian food although quite a lot of new dishes have been added to the menu. The internals of the building have had a lot of work done on it and the new lounge area down stairs looks and feels great.
still the best Indian for miles around and what other place can give you a meal on the veranda or even a seat by the juliette balcony so you can take advantage of this lovely sunshine just now.

• Visited July 2013