“Dodge the poo!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Dodge the poo!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Lovely place but it's a Shame about all the dog poo:( I did notice there wasn't many bins around the actual walk and could probably do with some.

UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Jumbles Cafe - Don't Bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I had a lovely visit to the Jumbles Country Park recently with my mum and my husband. We enjoyed the walk around the Jumbles with our dog. It was a lovely sunny day and its a great place for a walk. However the day was somewhat soured by our visit to the café. The café looks lovely inside with nicely laid tables etc however as we had the dog we were sitting outside. I ordered 3 coffees, two salads and a sandwich which came to a total of £18.00. Given the salads were £5.50 each, you would think you would receive a very nice plate salad for that......not so. When our food arrived it came in takeaway boxes with plastic knives and forks. On opening the box I found a small amount of lettuce, a couple of pieces of tomato and cucumber, one quarter of egg and around four small pieces of chicken (which seemed more like Turkey). This was all topped with a few crisps. My husbands tuna salad was much the same. The coffee came in foam cups and tasted like the cheapest catering coffee you could buy. I felt very much ripped off and wish now that I hadn't bothered. My advice would be go for a walk and enjoy yourself but steer well clear of the café.

Visited July 2014
6 Thank UkPookie43
Lancashire, United Kingdom
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“One of the best walks in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Used to live very close so have done with walk many times. It has a bit of everything, water, ducks, horses, herons, rabbits, lovely views and houses. At the end their is a little cafe which is a welcome bonus. Car park available for small charge.

Visited April 2014
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Lovely scenery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely time here yesterday. Beautiful scenery. The only thing that spoilt it was a motorbike constantly riding over the other side. At 4 I was peckish so I went to the cafe and even though it was a warm day they were closing. I asked re gluten free products as it is mentioned on the flyers and I am gluten free. Apparently all they have is flapjacks so that's a product not products! It wad a Saturday too so i was surprised to see them closing so early.

Visited July 2014
Bolton, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Jumbles in summer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

We walk our dog around Jumbles every day and no matter the weather it is wonderful so we took our camera along today to show you good folks just how nice it is. We have to agree with others the cafe leaves a lot to be desired so we dont use it. However they do leave water out for the dogs so thats good and they have created a fenced off area for people to sit in with young kids so they cant run off lol. Much of the park is very wheelchair friendly however you cannot do a full circuit of the reservoir as 1 small area has steps so you would have to return the way you came in so when you get to the second bridge turn back. We find early mornings are the best time and if your quiet and keep a sharp eye out you will see plenty of wildlife including wild deer, Kingfishers and even Owls.

Visited June 2014