“Excellent value.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 17 Bolton B&B and Inns
Keighley, United Kingdom
“Excellent value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Second time my wife and I have stayed here to meet the kids at Christmas. Once again we found everyone extremely welcoming, we had a double room with continental breakfast which we could not fault. The pub itself serves a wide range of ales and the food was tasty,well cooked and presented. We will without a doubt be using the Brewhouse again.

Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had a really good meal the Sunday lunch was amazing really enjoyed both courses the place n staff are so welcoming it's clean easy to find n a lovely place for familys to eat we will be eating here again very soon

• Stayed October 2013
Bolton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We have had a number of lovely meals here in the past and always accompanied by the fine ales from the pubs own micro-brewery. However, the meal we had here tonight was very disappointing to say the least. The starters of Ham Hock Terrine and Garlic Mushrooms were ok, although there was far too much puff pastry tart rather than garlic mushrooms for my liking. For mains my wife chose the catch of the day which was Sea Bass and I chose the Mixed Grill. Whilst the Sea Bass, asparagus and colcannon style mash were perfectly cooked, the portion size of the whole meal was minuscule with the fish barely taking three forkfuls to finish. For some reason it came with a piece of soggy sliced bread on top. I had the mixed grill which was sizeable but with a poor cut of steak and the lamb chop being very dry with little meat. The slice of black pudding was thin and tasted under cooked. My extra accompianment of peppercorn sauce was thin without a great deal of taste. Of course, I voiced my concerns to the waitress and the young man who followed up my complaint muttered an apology saying that he would have a word with his suppliers. However, I left feeling that he wasn't particularly interested. I noted also that the table behind ours were also complaining about their food. The ale is still excellent but overall the meal was disappointing and poor value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

3 of us ate here and all had a great meal. I had the fish and chips, my friends both had steak pie. The food was hot, fresh, and very tasty. The staff were very friendly and very attentive. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Sarahbwfc E
Somerset West, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed just one night in the single room as one of a small party attending my friends' wedding nearby. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and handy for the car park. There is a separate entrance to the accommodation and we were able to let ourselves in late in the evening after the wedding party.
They leave a continental breakfast in the room for you, which was very conventient and there was plently of good quality food to eat.
We also had lunch here earlier in the week, which was very good. They made a special effort with the children in our group too, which is always a good sign.
The people here are very friendly and efficient and for a one night stay this was brilliant value.
I would thoroughly recommend The Brewhouse.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Chris H
Bury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Wanted to try somewhere we haven't been before for Sunday Lunch and thought we would give this place a try, great selection of ales, friendly and attentive staff and great food, the only negative is you are only offered roast boiled or mash potatoes and I like mash and roast together but then I am sure if I asked they would have accommodated me so that's my own fault for not asking. The quality of the beef and chicken was excellent as were the starters, one of the chefs here recently won an award and we cant wait to go back and try the a la carte menu and some more great beers

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great service, Parking is available, needs a bit more signage from main road. Food is superb, something you'd expect from a upmarket restaurant. Rooms lovely. All in all great value for money and good service. Would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013