“Excellent meal”

Ranked #8 of 17 Bolton B&B and Inns
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

3 of us ate here and all had a great meal. I had the fish and chips, my friends both had steak pie. The food was hot, fresh, and very tasty. The staff were very friendly and very attentive. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Sarahbwfc E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Somerset West, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed just one night in the single room as one of a small party attending my friends' wedding nearby. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and handy for the car park. There is a separate entrance to the accommodation and we were able to let ourselves in late in the evening after the wedding party.
They leave a continental breakfast in the room for you, which was very conventient and there was plently of good quality food to eat.
We also had lunch here earlier in the week, which was very good. They made a special effort with the children in our group too, which is always a good sign.
The people here are very friendly and efficient and for a one night stay this was brilliant value.
I would thoroughly recommend The Brewhouse.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chris H
Bury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Wanted to try somewhere we haven't been before for Sunday Lunch and thought we would give this place a try, great selection of ales, friendly and attentive staff and great food, the only negative is you are only offered roast boiled or mash potatoes and I like mash and roast together but then I am sure if I asked they would have accommodated me so that's my own fault for not asking. The quality of the beef and chicken was excellent as were the starters, one of the chefs here recently won an award and we cant wait to go back and try the a la carte menu and some more great beers

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great service, Parking is available, needs a bit more signage from main road. Food is superb, something you'd expect from a upmarket restaurant. Rooms lovely. All in all great value for money and good service. Would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
Keswick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We arrived here last Friday evening (12th July) and were immediately given the keys for our room at the bar with a very warm welcome from the pleasant barman (I think he could either have been the owner or bar manager). The double room was lovely and spotlessly clean with crisp white bed linen.

On hanging our clothes in the wardrobe there was a fridge inside containing 2 bottles of fresh orange juice, a pint of milk, grapes, brie and ham and two very nice bread rolls – this was our continental breakfast, which I thought was such a nice touch.

As it was a gorgeous summer’s evening we had a couple of drinks in the beer garden, prior to eating in the bar/restaurant. The barman served us our bottle of wine asked us to take a seat at a table and he would send “Will” over to take our orders. When Will arrived to give us the menus he was charming polite young waiter – what a change these days! Having given us adequate time to peruse the menu he came to take our orders. As we have do not have huge appetites we shared the most delightful starter of a filo pastry basket with grilled goats cheese and a red onion marmalade – when it came I wish we’d ordered two, as I didn’t feel like sharing - it was truly divine – one of the nicest things I have tasted in a long, long time! The main courses too were really tasty and well presented, both of us opting for the homemade steak burger with Lancashire cheese, salad and homemade chips. Another bottle of wine later and we were well and truly ready for our comfy bed!

We were up bright and early the following day to enjoy our continental breakfast in the room with the sun beaming through the window.

This was a thoroughly enjoyable stay and we will most certainly return in the future and at £40 for two people inducing breakfast was a snip.

A big thank you to all the extremely accommodating staff. Alison Thwaites.

Room Tip: Going by the cleanliness of our room, I would imagine they will all be of an equally high standrad.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Petali57
Chorley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Visited on a monday, early afternoon to try some of their range of Dunscar Bridge beers.
I was warmly welcomed and chose the 'Rialto' named after an old cinema in Bolton which was very tasty and brought back memories of old cowboy and indian films and saturday morning matinees.
Slightly peckish but not wanting a full meal, I opted for a scotch egg with brown sauce. Being more used having them off a Texaco garage cold shelf I was totally unprepared for what followed. A freshly made, hot, tasty work of art, a perfectly cooked soft boiled egg wrapped in flavoursome sausagemeat with the yolk oozing through. Heaven!
Some more Rialto went down well and by the time I had wandered round the pub admiring the various prints (in particular the Lowreys} on display. I was nicely relaxed and ready for the bus home.
If there is a downside to the Brewhouse it is only because they brew it faster than I can drink it!

Room Tip: did not stay
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Steve B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I went to the brewhouse for a family meal and we were not disappointed, the service was excellent and the food was homecooked and the portions were fantastic. This is a lovely pub and the beer was well kept, very reasonably priced and locally brewed. We all left feeling well fed, well watered and not ripped off - overall a great night was had by all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family