“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Paphos, Cyprus
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Having read the reviews I feared what might be in store for me when I checked into the hotel. I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised at what I found.
The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was what you might expect when you order the traditional English.
My room was clean and had air conditioning.
The hotel needs a face lift as it does appear to be a bit grotty but for £43.00 pounds per night it was good value.
Eoin

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Eoin M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
southend on sea
Reviewed August 25, 2013

stayed at this hotel on the last night of a coach holiday with alfa. room was ok and clean. never seemed to be any staff about. evening meal was alright meatballs or fish but the breakfast was very good if it hadnt been for 3 coaches staying, they wouldnt have had many guests. glad we only had to stay the 1 night when we left yet again no staff not even on reception.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank karenSouthendOnSea
Stranraer, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

In my opinion this is the worse hotel I have had the misfortune to stay in, but thank goodness only for one night. Perhaps upset to attend the funeral of a very dear work colleague, I just could not be bothered to complain. The bedroom was tiny and the bed had marks on the duvet cover, also, the room was absolutely roasting on this particular quite warm summer evening. So much so that we got no sleep whatsoever. Add this to the sounds of hotel guests in the room above making use of the toilet was not a pleasant stay. The breakfast was terrible. Having to queue to make your own toast, to the uncooked sausage and grease tasting bacon and rubbery fried egg. That lot was only fit for the waste bin. Britannia Hotels, never again!.When I book a hotel, I expect to be able to have a fair nights sleep, which on this occasion, the hotel mainly because of the bedroom heat failed to provide. Had I have had the time, I should have asked the manager to look at the uncooked sausage, but to be honest, I really could not be bothered.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tangowhisky14

Travelers are raving about these Bolton hotels

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here with my wife as we live aboard and came over for the weekend to see family...the hotel is old looking but we paid 39 BB each night and found the staff were great. The hotel seemed really busy restaurant was full and busy bar not surprise with a 4 hour happy hour we paid £9.95 for a bottle of wine and it wasn't that cheap Italian stuff you normally get.there was even entertainment on the sat night which was a laugh! its seems to get a bad rep but if you want 5* service you need to pay for it.... Would stay again and yet again the staff were great with us had a laugh and made you feel very welcome :)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Gibbsd79
Glasgow
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed at this hotel around 18 months ago and then it did not have much to write home about, well it has not improved any. The hotel still caters mainly for bus tours, there was three the night I stayed, and although the people do not make a hotel, I feel the staff realise they are not dealing with possible clients that will return, I was asked on many occasions are you on the coach, why ??
I arrived an hour before dinner was due for last sitting and the meal selection was at that time very poor, and when I asked for more soup as the bowls were empty I was told that if it is finished it has finished for the night, one hour before the last sitting is advertised in the restaurant ??.
When I complained to the duty manager he asked ME to speak to the chef to see if he could make some more soup, your having a laugh ??
The main course was very dinner school like, and again the lack of deserts due to the people before me was very limited again.
The room was clean and comfortable again, and the hotel is in a good location just of the motorway, but I wont be back for a third visit.
I would recommend another hotel if in the area, but too bad if you are on a coach that stops here.

Room Tip: Bring your sandwiches with you.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jman26
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I have just returned home after staying at this hotel with National Holidays. We went with two other couples from Newcastle upon Tyne 12th August for 4 nights and after reading other reviews on Tripadvisor we were not expecting this hotel to be up to the standards of other hotels we had stayed in, but were very pleasantly surprised. We had asked for rooms together and they were. The rooms were lovely and clean and so was the bathroom. When we went down to dinner again we were pleasantly suprised the choices were good, soup or salad bar for starters then there were 3 choices for main course and also a good selection for sweet. Down side we would say is that it is a bit isolated being on the outskirts of Bolton. Happy hour ended up being just that 1 hour for all it was from 4.00pm until 8.00pm, as we did not get back into the hotel until about 5.00pm and by the time we went up to get ready for dinner and had dinner it was about 7.00pm. We also found the drinks to be expensive especially as I do not drink wine. But apart from that we found the staff to be very pleasant and very helpful. Overall we would recommend this hotel and we would stay there again a very pleasant stay .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Margaret17112013
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Lovely hotel very dog friendly I stayed here with my dog diesel for nearly 2 weeks found the room excellent serviced everyday,staff very friendly and approachable and keen to help whenever there service was needed,the food was top rate and all needs catered for I would highly recommend this hotel ,even my dog was made so welcome by staff and other guests ,keep up the great work you are doing u make an excellent team and are amazing people thank you for make our stay an amazing one

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolton
Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Bromley Cross
Travelodge Bolton Central River Street
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Britannia Bolton Hotel? Share your experiences!