Britannia Bolton Hotel
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
The Mercury(Westhoughton)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscoach holidaybreakfast and evening mealrooms are clean and comfortablevisited this hotelwould stay againbit datedblack puddingexcellent value for moneywedding partygood nights sleepsouthportdisco
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is basically OK, but looking a bit jaded...it just needs a lick of paint so that the rooms are spruced up....it was clean enough though. The food was lovely and I would recommend it for that. It's a handy stopping off place to somewhere like Liverpool.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night - never before have we been in such a 'run-down, dirty establishment. The bath was so dirty we could not use the shower. Breakfast was something I would rather not eat, dirty crockery, cutlery and food of low quality. This hotel has absolutely nothing going for it. It needs a good wake-up call!!

Room Tip: I cannot recommend anything about this hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at the Britannia Hotel for one night. I was appalled at the state of the bathroom, it had mould around the edges of the bath and the sink was not very clean.
The room faced onto a council estate that looked worse for ware when we opened out curtains, we were faced with rows of houses in a rough area of Bolton.
There is no entertainment until Feb 2013 and we stayed here Oct 2012 as a birthday treat and get away.
Never EVER NEVER again will I be staying here no matter what the offer price was. Happy hour was not so happy, staff were not so happy and the rooms were not so happy.
Meals were not fantastic and the evening was slow and long. Thank god for alcohol!

Room Tip: No room was good and people who stayed in other rooms on our trip tell us this place has not changed in the last 3 years. Please do not take children, animals or sick here, you will come away with more than you went in with. We are so glad to be home.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed with National holidays on 13th October 2012. The room was clean and food was o.k. There was a happy hour advertised, which had been discontin ued months before. There was no seats in the bar, so we had to stay in the restaurant. On Sunday morning there was no hot water for a shower or bath, so we had to have a cold shower. The staff were friendly and polite.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed for a night part of a National Holidays trip. Room was ok but no hot water for shower in the morning. A welcome letter had been left on our arrival which asked us to take advantage of the Happy hour in the bar, however bar staff informed us that happy hour was no longer available on Saturdays, I was rather annoyed to say the least why advertise a happy hour when there isn't one, the evening meal was just average, I found the chicken tough and I'm sorry but I like my carrots cooked. We weren't even allowed to help ourselves to dessert we were given set portions, I asked for a small taste of two separate desserts and was refused, the excuse being that it would reduce the portion size for someone else. I could put up with it for one night but won't be returning.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends