“Terrible”

Britannia Bolton Hotel
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stay in dozens of hotels with my work and this was the filthiest most disgusting hotel i have ever stayed in. From the minute you enter the door until you reach the bedrooms and the dining room. The bedroom windows were filthy not only the glass but the frame , TV remote filthy , Bin with no bag in it just disgusting yuk , curtains torn and with holes , instructions for room soiled , walls marked , earth wire hanging off towel rail , bedding was a sort of greyish well used. Went down to look at restaurant seats filthy so didnt stay to find out what food was like. Only plus point was staff were friendly but hotel needs refurbished and a major clean.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 4, 2012

The best Britannia I have ever stayed in......by far!!! Check in was quick with a friendly face. Had a meal in the bar which was good value for money. I must say the bar is by far one of the cheapest hotel bars with a pint under £3!! Room was great and quiet, just what I needed. the staff were extremely friend, normally hotel staff seem fake but here they were really down to earth and would go out of there way to please.

Location was the reason I choose this hotel only ten minutes from Bolton town centre.
Would stay here again for sure. Plus the wifi is free!!!!!!

Great hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chad02
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Found a great deal for the hotel on the internet and stayed after going to the Stone Roses gig at Heaton Park. Wasn't expecting too much from a value hotel and I was pleasantly surprised. Check-in was quick and hassle free. Room was clean with plenty of fresh towels available. The bathroom door didn't lock but that wasn't a big deal. Location is excellent just off the M61 and although the hotel was full, it was very quiet.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Simon W
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My mum and I stayed when we were with a coach party for one night on a visit to the lakes. Check in was swift, room was nice on arrival (best furnished Britannia I've ever stayed in), tea/coffee tray and bathroom products. Lots of clean fresh towels, fridge, lots of hangers, tele (no freeview :( ) trouser press, 2 hair dryers and iron. We had already prepaid for a 3 course meal which was delicious, lots of choice, food was hot and kept being refilled. We were impressed with both the meals, the friendly staff and good nights sleep. The unfortunate thing that let the hotel down was the (we also had breakfast) cleaning. It was clean, but not really clean enough. Non obvious areas such as behind the curtains, the phone, under the beds and ceiling were overlooked, dusty or with spiders webs hanging. My mum decided to gross out the poor receptionist with a huge toenail that stuck to her foot as she moved her bed slightly. EW. Safe to say the receptionist was as grossed out as we were and informed housekeeping immediately. Id stay here again for a night, and it certainly was the best britannia ive stayed in. Just beware of the beds...theyre on rollers..any sudden movements, and off you go!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Emma-Bubbles-
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed here after a last minute booking. We were visiting Manchester, but it was cheaper to stay in Bolton and travel in than stay in Manchester itself.

It was a generally average hotel. Staff were friendly and polite (especially the happy breakfast chef!). Food was OK - not exactly gourmet, but better than many. The room was clean and tidy. It was quiet and we were happy.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed there in March coming from Canada this is a motel Hotels have Lobbies. From the outside not inspired. The rooms are small but the tub is big enough to have a soak we felt a bit cramt three of us but for myself the main thing was it was super quiet we didn't,t hear a noise from anywhere. and the location was great just what we wanted. I have stayed in hotels motels that included breakfast This was by far the best breakfast we have had the staff were friendly and the breakfast was outstanding. We used the Motel as our base with rental car we traveled to Wales York Blackpool Chester. WE had a great time main thing is we didn't expect to much and weren't disappointed.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the Trouser Press I brought every pair of trousers I had and even a couple of pair...