“Reasonable pub grub at a reasonable price”
Review of Wilton Arms

Wilton Arms
Ranked #166 of 543 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: British, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located on Belmont Road, The Wilton Arms sits on the edge of the West Pennine Moors. Just 10 minutes from Bolton Centre and five minutes from Horwich The Wilton Arms is an ideal location to unwind after attending a sporting event, football or rugby, or a meeting place before going to a concert in Manchester or Preston. We offer traditional, homecooked food using the freshest local produce so you can be sure of the very best dining experience. We even cook breakfast for organised parties, just ring and ask for details! We look forward to welcoming you soon...
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The Wilton Arms can be a bit hit or miss on the food, but is generally reliable. Unfortunately on our latest trip my husband's fish and chips left a lot to be desired - obviously cooked in fat that was too hot, leaving the chunky chips very brown but undercooked. The fish batter was very dark, too, though he had no complaints about the fish itself. By contrast my spicy seafood linguine was very tasty, although it looked and tasted as if the tomato sauce had been made with tinned tomatoes. Don't expect too much with the food. The pub, however, has a good selection of wines and real ale, and the views over the moors are fantastic.

There are newer reviews for Wilton Arms

Reviewed June 29, 2013

we enjoyed a very nice lunch at weekend, very nicely presented, attentive staff, would have liked to try the weekday specials, they sounded very good value.

1  Thank speed1
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I arranged for a party of 19 guests who had just attended my late Father's funeral to have lunch on Friday afternoon. The surroundings are beautiful and the furnishings very tasteful and comfortable. Everyone was very impressed and happy with the menu choices available. The food was beautifully served, well-cooked and good value. We are planning to return soon under happier circumstances to sample something else from the extensive menu.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Visited today with a group of friends for lunch. I was very pleased with the choice of £5 main meals. The staff were friendly and efficient. Will definitely return and recommend.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Went here for a special family meal when my brother visited the UK having left to work in Japan seven years ago.
Party of 11, staff attentive and pleasant, good food and great choice, something for everyone. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal, as the only veggie I had the mushroom wellington which was nice but the veg were a bit bland and watery, would have preferred mash and veg rather than veg ribbons and squared potatoes with a mushroom wellington plonked on top! Kids enjoyed their pizza bread with side orders of chips and garlic bread so thumbs up for that.
The only downside is that my brother received a free fly with his chips as part of his fish, chips and mushy peas meal...was promptly sent back and replaced completely and rightly so but when my parents paid the bill no deduction was made which I think is pretty poor.
All in all a pleasant atmosphere, good food which I think is slightly overpriced but on the plus side the kids menu is now back AMD perfectly adequate, which is a welcome change from the previous owners who did not offer a kids menu and made it obvious that families were not welcome.
It's just a shame about the fly! In my opinion the Wilton Arms needs to get back to basics as it was on the days of the Brewer's Fayre when we would regularly visit as a family without hesitation.