“WEDDING HIGHLY RECOMMENDED”

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Had our wedding reception here sept 2012 in ashton suite
Fantastic wedding team
coudnt do more for us
then our room was stunning
big,clean ,
comfy bed clean bathroom
and we also then came valentines meal and stayfeb 2013
And our anniversary meal.and stayed sept 2013
we been here alot and always use holiday inn as
sentimental too
and the food second too none 1000% recommended for any event or stay mrs and mrs lee

• Stayed July 2013
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for your review and kind comments which are very much appreciated and have been passed on to all the Team. I was delighted that everything went well for your Wedding celebrations and that you continue to enjoy staying with us. Look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel and once again thank you for your comments.

Dieter Koch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Greek first
Bolton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

we have just returned from 3 days at holiday inn Bolton we live in Portugal and came to Bolton for our grandsons christening
we checked in no problem room was nice and clean the only thing we never got any toiletries in the 3 days we had one small bar of soap and 1 small bath cream these were never replenished in the 3 days

I think this was very poor for this hotel

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay from which I was disappointed to hear of the issue which arose, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience which may have been caused.

It is our policy to replenish the toiletries each day and I can only apologies once again that this did not happen on this occasion. I have passed your comments on to our Head of Housekeeping for further investigation and for action to be taken to avoid this happening again. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Basingstoke
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, clean, looks a bit tired in places. Room air con was broken and room a bit stuffy, clean, comfortable night , breakfast was good but they need to keep up with demand, eggs over cooked and out too long asked for fresh by the time they came out bacon all gone, replaced bacon, beans all gone, then black pudding and on it went, twenty mins to get breakfast. Think they need bigger trays or to keep a better eye on it. It is a holiday inn you get what it says on the tin

• Stayed June 2014
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for your review and constructive feedback which is very much appreciated as it helps us to keep focused on what is important to you. I was disappointed to learn of the issues which arose during your stay and have passed you comments on to the various head of department for further investigation and action where necessary. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience which may have been caused. I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

We do strive to deliver excellent customer service at all times and hope that you will continue to choose to stay with Holiday Inns again in the future.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Boness scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I booked into this hotel and made a big mistake because it was not situated near the craft venue I wanted to attend over three days. Having to take taxis back and forward added to my expense significantly.
However I was very happy with the hotel. Staff were pleasant, efficient and attentive. The hotel was clean and the facilities were great. The beds were comfortable and I had a good nights sleep. The room was cold for my liking and there was a bar on the temperature that could be reached in the room. The bar menu was a bit limited but the portions and quality of the food was good. A bit expensive for bar meals.
I would use this hotel again and would not hesitate to recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: The hotel is set back from the road and so noise levels in the room was not a problem. I was on the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write your review from which I was pleased that you were happy with your stay and that had a good nights sleep. It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference and I have passed your kind comments on to them. Your constructive feedback is very much appreciated as it helps us to keep focused on what is important to you and has been passed to the relevant departments for further investigation and action where necessary. Thank you for your recommendation and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel when you are next in the Bolton area.

Once again thank you for your comments.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We held our wedding here and then stayed for two nights. The rooms were very clean, not the biggest we have stayed in but we were not disturbed by the noise from the other guests or outside. We were on the second floor and some of our guests did mention that they could hear the party from the 1st floor. I was worried about the breakfast because I had read some bad reviews but it was lovely and I could not have asked for more the selection was one of the best I have seen.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor or above
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your review and kind comments from which I was delighted that everything went well for your Wedding. Congratulations from everyone at the Hotel.
I have noted your comments regarding noise issues that some of your guests experienced and have taken them on board. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests. Pleased that our breakfast was the best you have ever had, and I have passed your comments to our Head Chef and his Team.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write your review and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from spending 3 days here on business and felt that I had to write about the service from all the staff. Apesh looked after us and is a credit to the company, the restaurant staff could not of been more helpful and the reception staff always polite. Having stopped in lots of holiday inn's this hotel is Definitely the best and that is down to the staff

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and kind comments from which I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and received excellent customer service.

It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference and I have passed your kind comments on to them, especially, Alpesh, the Restaurant and Reception Teams. I know that they will be pleased to have made a difference to your stay.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel when you are next in the Bolton area and once again thank you for your review and kind comments.

Milnthorpe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for an event which took place there, had an executive room £75 breakfast not included, but they gave 2 bottles of water, 2 orange juice cartons and a chocolate bar free, along with this was a voucher for different rewards, chose the house wine, Merlot, fantastic, but at £19.45 way over-priced. Breakfast ordered on arrival cost £10 each (£14 if you decide in the morning - a bit dear !) breakfast food was OK, quite pleasant surroundings. At our event the bar in the function room was choked most of the evening with only one person serving, needed more staff. £4.95 for a regular wine to me is way over-priced (£6.80 for a large one - let me sit down !!) Staff very friendly, would stay again but maybe not drink in.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and constructive comments which are very much appreciated as they help us to keep focused on what is important to you. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our complimentary gifts and the event you were attending. It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference to your stay and I have passed your kind comments on to them. With regards to our prices, we do monitor them to ensure that we keep parity with similar establishments in the area but I have passed your comments on to our Food and Beverage Manager for further investigation. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Once again thank you for your review and hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.