“Little surprise.”

Holiday Inn Bolton Centre
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Had a great one night here, staff were very helpful and friendly. The restaurant had a great atmosphere and a good offer for £29.99. We went to the pool it was very relaxing. Hopefully will be back soon.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Tinajane026
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you for writing your review and kind comments. Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our leisure facilities. It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference and I have passed your comments on to all the Team.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future. Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at a few holiday inn's an thought they were pretty average for the price. After staying last night, I can happily say I won't have any doubts about which hotel to choose again.

First class service, staff knew the exact right place when I asked specifically what I wanted for my evening meal whilst watching the football and sleeping wise excellent spacious room with aircon.

Recommended to any budget.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for writing your review from which I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will choose to stay with us again in the future and that our service was first class. I have passed your kind comments on to all our Team as I know they will be pleased to have made a difference to your stay.

Once again thank you for your kind comments and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed here a couple of nights for business. Had previously stayed here and breakfast was awful - very please to say this has improved immensely.
Check in was very quick and easy, the room was looking a little tired - bathroom fixtures and fittings were clean and in reasonable repair but did look like they'd been in situ a good while.
Had a king room which was two beds that hadn't been put together that well - so sleep quality wasn't as good as I wanted.

Ordered from room service menu on first night and not hugely impressed - ate out the second evening.

All the staff were wonderful, polite, attentive and helpful - couldn't have asked for a better experience when dealing with the team at the Holiday Inn

Would stay again and recommend

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for your review and kind comments following your most recent stay with us from which I was pleased to hear that you couldn’t ask for a better experience when dealing with the Team here at the Hotel. I have passed your kind comments on to all the Team as I know that they will be pleased to have made a difference to your stay. I have noted your constructive feedback which is very much appreciated and have passed this on to the relevant departments. With regards to décor whilst we do not have any major refurbishment programme in place at the present time we are regularly updating and replacing items. I have asked our Head of Housekeeping to investigate further with regards to the king size bed, which are specially designed zip and link beds and should not feel as if they have not been put together properly.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future. Thank you once again for your recommendation and kind comments.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stayed for two nights with the intention strolling into the town to try the local restaurants. Unfortunately all but 3 of the restaurants have migrated to the Reebok Centre and we were informed by locals to avoid them. Not wanting to drive we opted to use the Hotel restaurant...not great. The steak and ale pie had 7 small pieces of steak in a gravy that could pass as coloured water and a flaky pie crust that was flat and white. The fish and chips on the first night was fine but hubby tried it the following night and his was overcooked, as was the following mornings breakfast....Cardboard bacon, stewed beans, old fat soaked sausages. We were so glad this was included in the price of our stay as the menu suggested it would have cost us £16 each!!! The pool/spa area was very overstated with the jaccuzzi having been boxed in years ago! Overall the staff were friendly and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dieter K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review from which I was pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Your constructive feedback is very much appreciated as it helps us to keep focused on what is important to you and I have passed your comments on to our Head Chef and his Team for further investigation. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Once again thank you for your constructive feedback.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have been to this hotel 3 times now and have a booking in April, its brill cos its so near the town centre and night life. The rooms are always nice, the staff always look after you, when I last went we had a double bed and she changed it to 2 singles as I was going with my friend. I would highly recommend you going :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your kind comments from which I was delighted to hear that you had a Brill time. Look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in April and thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night on a business trip in January. We walked to the hotel from the train station through the town. I would not recommend this. Some parts of the area do not feel safe. The back of the hotel backs onto a housing estate that again did not feel safe. The hotel was okay relatively comfortable, but did smell of damp, particularly in my colleagues room. The food was good as was breakfast with plenty of choice. I would probably look elsewhere next time but if I had to would stay again if there was no where else.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your constructive feedback. Obviously I was disappointed to hear some of your comments but on a positive note I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food, especially breakfast which offered plenty of choice.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed here for one night, I am trying to find an excuse to go back!!
The hotel is immaculate everywhere you go! So clean and tidy! Check in was a delight with Kristy and then whilst walking to our room we noticed all the corridors were that clean they almost smelt like a medical facility - in a good way! The room was spacious and the bathroom very clean and tidy.
The bed was really comfortable too.
We had dinner in the bar before going out for the evening. The food was really well presented and cooked and was very tasty!
We returned at around Midnight and got ice from the bar. The bar attendant was really helpful and nice.
Breakfast was amazing. All well presented and well stocked and clean. All in all well worth a visit -even if you're not going out! Excellent
standards everywhere!
The hotel is more like a Crowne plaza than a holiday inn! Would defiantly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank stuffnthingsuk

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your kind comments from which I was delighted to hear that you had a brilliant stay with us. Your kind comments are very much appreciated as I know that our Team Members will be pleased to have made a difference to your stay and I have passed your kind comments on to them.

Once again thank you for your kind comments and I hope that it is not too long before I can welcome you back to the Hotel.