“Business trip”

Holiday Inn Bolton Centre
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Booked 3 nights with 4 others double rooms single occupancy, I got a double bed others got 2 singles, not ideal. We ate in the restaurant and staff were very friendly but it took 2 hours to get and eat the meal and considering the restaurant was quite was a very long time. Good central location and free parking, reasonable breakfast and dinner. Club motivation gym small but quiet so no problem using the equipment.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a double bed
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us.

I’m pleased to read that on the whole you seem to have found your stay to be a pleasant one. If your companions needed double beds, we would have been only too happy to try and accommodate this. Should this happen in the future just ask a team member. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

If you absolutely have to go to Bolton, and unfortunately I have to sometimes for family reasons, then think about staying somewhere else. I have just had the misfortune to spend 4 nights here. Here's the problem: at the weekend the hotel is turned in to a nightclub full of pissed morons setting off the fire alarm, DJ's playing loud dance music until well past midnight and drunk teenagers passed out at the entrance - if you can find your way there through the cigarette smoke. Oh yeah and hotel staff who forget who has placed a room service order and start phoning up rooms late at night to wake you and ask if you have placed an order.

Other than that, its over priced and in serious need of refurbishment

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank darrell h
QMHManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear guest,

I am very sorry to read of your experience with us as it is quite disappointing.

This is not the type of stay we want our guests to have when they are with us and I apologise for the quality of your time with us. Although we are very popular for our event evenings, we do expect our attendees to remain considerate to the other guests. In this instance we should have stepped in and made sure that this happened.

I would appreciate the chance to restore your faith in Holiday Inn Bolton and discuss the issues you encountered. Please email your name, room number and date of stay to gm.hibolton@qmh-hotels.com.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed at this holiday inn for the first time so I did not know what to expect but i am really happy with stay, staff very friendly, i remember one name Alicia.
rooms need refurnishing, especially carpet and bright lights please.....but otherwise they are very good looked after housekeepers and very clean.
thanks for nice stay

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found us to be a well-run establishment. I hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Didn't start particularly auspiciously - had been reading negative reviews about this hotel; in particular problems at check-in. We checked in and given a particular room number; went up in the lift - key did not work. Went back to reception - they reset the key. Tried again - there was someone already in the room. This was sorted out amicably in spite of my poor temper. The rest of the stay was fine - staff were friendly (despite angry bear), room was good, breakfast good. Leisure Centre could do with a bit of a touch up, but overall what started with a sour taste ended well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay.

I’m pleased to read that although it did start with the best welcome, your stay was a pleasant one.

I’m glad our team members managed to make your time with us enjoyable and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed here on business a couple of nights on separate occasions. Check in was always very efficient and fast. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Although if your looking for a room with a view, this isn't the place for you. On the two occasions I stayed here my room looked out onto air conditions units. The restaurant breakfast was very good and the staff are always friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel for business stays in Bolton as it is right in the central area. I allowed me to walk to my meetings easily.

Room Tip: If you want a view I'm guessing you should avoid floors 1, 2 as the ones at the back of the hote...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to be perfect for your business trip. I’m happy to read that you enjoyed your meals with us and that our team members were friendly and helpful throughout your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My son recently had his wedding at the Holiday Inn Bolton Centre. The location and venue are excellent but what really made it a wonderful stay were the staff; they were friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for us :-)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I'm so disappointed. Only a year ago was this hotel one of the friendliest hotels I've stayed in. Unfortunately it's standards and service levels have slipped and it is no longer a nice place to stay. Awful smells from the drains filtering through to my room, unfriendly staff at the front desk, unhelpful staff at breakfast, no hampers with executive rooms as advertised, burns in the ceilings where lights have blown and have not been replaced, staff shouting at me in front of other guests when I turn up for breakfast claiming I did not have B&B when I did, the beds are not comfortable and the decor in the rooms is old and worn. These are only a few things. It was a truly awful experience. All issues were mentioned to management but unfortunately they didn't seem interested. Awful. There were a few good members of staff but unfortunately their efforts did little to make my stay any more comfortable. Please do not ruin your visit to this great town by staying at this awful hotel.

Room Tip: If you do have no choice but to stay, don't book an executive room. It's a rip off. There is...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TheDriftwood S
QMHManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear guest,

I am extremely disappointed to read that your stay with us was so terrible. I would like to extend my apologies for your stay, at the hotel we strive to deliver the best service possible to our guests and I am sorry that during your stay this was not the case.

I would appreciate the chance to restore your faith in our hotel as well as discuss any of the issues you encountered further. Please email gm.hibolton@qmh-hotels.com in order to do so.

Once again, I would like to extend my apologies to you for your stay.