Holiday Inn Bolton Centre
$46
Travelodge
$67
PremierInn.com
All reviewsold churchcar parkreception staffbusiness tripfunction roomwould stay againcouple of nightswedding partya bit tiredwedding receptionbuffet stylestayed here for one nighttea and coffeeevening mealfamily roomcloistersluke
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Didn't start particularly auspiciously - had been reading negative reviews about this hotel; in particular problems at check-in. We checked in and given a particular room number; went up in the lift - key did not work. Went back to reception - they reset the key. Tried again - there was someone already in the room. This was sorted out amicably in spite of my poor temper. The rest of the stay was fine - staff were friendly (despite angry bear), room was good, breakfast good. Leisure Centre could do with a bit of a touch up, but overall what started with a sour taste ended well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay.

I’m pleased to read that although it did start with the best welcome, your stay was a pleasant one.

I’m glad our team members managed to make your time with us enjoyable and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed here on business a couple of nights on separate occasions. Check in was always very efficient and fast. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Although if your looking for a room with a view, this isn't the place for you. On the two occasions I stayed here my room looked out onto air conditions units. The restaurant breakfast was very good and the staff are always friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel for business stays in Bolton as it is right in the central area. I allowed me to walk to my meetings easily.

Room Tip: If you want a view I'm guessing you should avoid floors 1, 2 as the ones at the back of the hotel all seem to overlook air conditioning units.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to be perfect for your business trip. I’m happy to read that you enjoyed your meals with us and that our team members were friendly and helpful throughout your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My son recently had his wedding at the Holiday Inn Bolton Centre. The location and venue are excellent but what really made it a wonderful stay were the staff; they were friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for us :-)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I'm so disappointed. Only a year ago was this hotel one of the friendliest hotels I've stayed in. Unfortunately it's standards and service levels have slipped and it is no longer a nice place to stay. Awful smells from the drains filtering through to my room, unfriendly staff at the front desk, unhelpful staff at breakfast, no hampers with executive rooms as advertised, burns in the ceilings where lights have blown and have not been replaced, staff shouting at me in front of other guests when I turn up for breakfast claiming I did not have B&B when I did, the beds are not comfortable and the decor in the rooms is old and worn. These are only a few things. It was a truly awful experience. All issues were mentioned to management but unfortunately they didn't seem interested. Awful. There were a few good members of staff but unfortunately their efforts did little to make my stay any more comfortable. Please do not ruin your visit to this great town by staying at this awful hotel.

Room Tip: If you do have no choice but to stay, don't book an executive room. It's a rip off. There is no difference apart from an awful hamper.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TheDriftwood S
QMHManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear guest,

I am extremely disappointed to read that your stay with us was so terrible. I would like to extend my apologies for your stay, at the hotel we strive to deliver the best service possible to our guests and I am sorry that during your stay this was not the case.

I would appreciate the chance to restore your faith in our hotel as well as discuss any of the issues you encountered further. Please email gm.hibolton@qmh-hotels.com in order to do so.

Once again, I would like to extend my apologies to you for your stay.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Would definately recommend. We have just had our wedding reception here and the staff and service were amazing. Desmond who was looked after our wedding was absolutely brilliant, nothing was too much trouble. The head chef also was totally fantastic, he was so good to us and the food was delicious (especially the lancashire hotpot) and everyone commented on it. The bedrooms and breakfast were lovely and we all had a fabulous stay.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
QMHManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your wedding reception at our hotel.

I’m so happy to read a review like yours when we have helped make someone’s wedding day perfect. I will make sure to pass your kind words to our chef and to Desmond so they know that they helped your day go well.

Kindest regards and belated congratulations.