“Held my wedding in the Cloister's Suite - awesome!”

Holiday Inn Bolton Centre
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Manchester
“Held my wedding in the Cloister's Suite - awesome!”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I had my wedding at the Holiday Inn Bolton (Cloister’s Suite) in August 2008, but have been back a few times since as my husband is a wedding photographer. Sarah the wedding co-ordinator is fantastic and the team on the day will make sure everything runs smoothly for you. The Cloister’s Suite is ideal for a wedding (and if you choose the right photographer you can get some great indoor and outdoor shots). My guests had a shock when they walked into the room as I don’t think they expected such a stunning room. And compared to some of the boring wedding venues in the Bury/Bolton area this place has very competitive prices. One the day the food/drinks/staff were excellent. Although we did have a few issues with our hotel room at the night (had a room with 2 single beds on our wedding night ha!) but the staff fixed that for us. If you’re thinking about having your wedding there, go and check it out it’s awesome! NB: Put my trip as September 2011 as been back to the hotel recently, and didn't review after my wedding as wasn't a member on TA.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RoxMoz
hibolton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Thank you for your review and for your kind comments. It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference and I have taken the liberty of passing your comments on to them, especially to Sarah.

I was also delighted to learn that you have happy memories of your Wedding Day which was held here in our Cloisters Suite and that you have returned to the Hotel on a few occasions since. Thanks again for taking the time to write and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Dieter Koch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Greek first
south yorks
Reviewed September 20, 2011

stayed overnight here with my husband ,we had a lovely room it was very clean,great bathroom,good shower ,very comfy beds choice of pillows what more can you ask ? Breakfast is served in a nice bright dining room its buffet style lots to choose from all yummy .Staff very helpful nothing seems too much trouble to them .The hotel is also in a great spot if you want to do a little shopping,there are also lots of pubs around serving food,we didnt stay long enough to eat an eve meal in the hotel or try the swimming pool but we will next time ,would very happily stay here again .

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
hibolton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review from which I was pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. It is always pleasing for me when our Team Members have made a difference and I have passed your kind comments on to them. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel when you are next visiting the Bolton area.

Perth Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We are originally from Bolton and flew over from Australia in August for our daughter's wedding. Unfortunately, our planned accommodation didn't turn out so we went to the Holiday Inn in the hope that they could fit us in for the 3 weeks of our stay. Jay was very helpful and worked out a bed and breakfast deal for us. He put us on the fourth floor, at the quiet end, so we were away from any noise from the lifts or functions.

The hotel lobby and restaurant are very modern, but the reason I have given it a 3 star rating is because our room was in need of renovating. There was a big crack under the window and bits of wallpaper hanging off the wall. Plus the television was of the old fashioned variety and not flat screen, as is found in most hotels these days. As mentioned in previous reviews, there are very few bathroom amenities - a shampoo and shower gel, plus soap, but this didn't bother us as we always take our own anyway. Other family members had rooms booked for the night of the wedding and they were nicer so I think maybe they are in the process of renovating.

Food in the restaurant was of good quality and great portions. The bar is unstaffed at times, but you just need to ask at reception and they will call someone to come and serve you.

This hotel was very busy at the weekends as they also do weddings and there were lots of them while we were there! This made parking a bit of a problem and our car was hemmed in at one stage. In fact, it took 45 minutes for us to get out! There is some spare land next to the outside car park which would make a great extension to the existing one! There is also an undercroft car park, but the spaces are very tight and it's a bit up and down. If all else fails, you can park at the casino car park across the road providing you get a note from reception to display on the dash board.

Internet access is very expensive at 10 pounds per 24 hours, but you get free access in the lobby for 30 minutes if you buy food or drink from the bar.

As stated in previous reviews, the hotel is very central to the town centre and has easy access to the motorway. We would definitely stay there again. We can't praise the staff enough! Because we were there for so long they felt like friends by the time we left. We would especially like to thank Jay on reception for helping us out in a tricky situation, and also Ann, Alpesh, Laura and Dipak in the restaurant for making us feel so welcome. Also some of the housekeeping ladies who we found to be very friendly. As mentioned before, it just needs a bit of money spending on it to bring it up to 4 star status. All in all it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
hibolton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you would stay with us again in the future.

It is always pleasing from my point of view when our Team Members have made a difference and I have passed your kind comment on to them.

You are quite right in that the Hotel is currently undergoing some refurbishment work but I have passed your feedback to our Maintenance Department for investigation and action and would thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Once again thanks for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel when you are next in the UK and Bolton area.

hampshire
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Stayed here for four nights over the August Bank Holiday weekend, its a modern hotel about eight minute easy walk to the centre of bolton. Rooms are comfortable enough, but housekeeping is poor. I stayed here with my family in two rooms, we returned one day to find the door to my sisters room had been left open all day by the cleaners, and on two occasions in both rooms the little milks left for our teas were sour, and in my room there were same bits on the carpet for two days so they obviously hadnt hoovered, also when i arrived there was a used piece of dental floss behind the door in the bathroom which was still there when i left, and probably is still there now. The hotel had two wedding functions on while we were there, the second went on until 1.30am and was very noisey, then you could hear the lifts being used until about 2.30am there were also children running up and down outside our rooms until quite late, on the nights when there were no functions going on it was very quiet, but every door in the place seems to bang shut! We didnt have breakfast there because it was expensive, take the eight minute walk into Bolton and get full English for third of the price £5, i can recommend Tiffany on the square. We did eat at the hotel one evening and food was great, total bill for five us having three courses and a couple of soft drinks each was £148.00. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Taxi to Bolton station costs £3.50 max. and taxi to the Trafford Centre or Manchester £25.00 max.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
hibolton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Constructive feedback is very much appreciated and I have passed your comments on to the relevant departments for investigation and action.

We do try wherever possible to allocate rooms to guests who are not attending functions at the Hotel away from any possible noise disturbance but it would appear that we were unable to do this on this occasion as the Hotel was extremely busy. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

With regards to breakfast if you do not have breakfast included in your room rate we do have various options available to our guests one of which are vouchers which can be obtained from Reception which are £15 for two people and children under 12 years of age eat free.

If you would like any further information regarding any future bookings you may be considering please contact our Reservation Team on 01204 879988 who will be happy to arrange the best package available for your needs.

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us and I have passed your comments on to our Head Chef and his team.

Thank you once again for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel when you are next in the Bolton area.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2011

booked through late room, was never asked for my card on check in or check out, the next day discovered that they had taken the money for laterooms booking and also an extra £94.00 for no reason illigally as they DID NOT have my permission to do this, over a week later it is still not refunded dont expect a reply from complaiing online either, save yourselves money and go elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing your review following your recent stay. As this matter has already been resolved with our apology for any inconvenience caused and a gesture of goodwill which has been accepted and taken by you which I trust you found satisfactory but if you wish to discuss the matter further please do not hesitate to contact me.

We do strive to deliver excellent customer service at all times and hope that you feel we have dealt with this matter in a professional and sympathetic manner and that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Dieter Koch

Travelers are raving about these Bolton hotels

South Pole
Reviewed August 27, 2011

What do you expect, its a Holiday Inn in Bolton!
Very central, but not a lot going on outside of the hotel.
Rooms average, mine had a massive crack in the wall.
Had my evening meal in the hotel - massive portions!
Breakfast ok, nothing special.
Parking on site, although its very tight spaces underneath the hotel. There is one outside thats better.
A hotel that needs a bit of money spending on it for me to give it a 4 out of 5. So it gets a three!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review which is very much appreciated following your recent stay with us. I have passed the maintenance issues you raise on to the relevant department for immediate action and would like to take this opportunity to assure you that all comments are acted upon.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Was staying for 1 night and the best sleep i have had in ages.Very comfortable beds and quiet rooms.Only thing no biscuits in room for my tea and coffee.Reception staff very helpful but think the restaurant was overpriced at 12.95 for a Gammon steak,egg and chips which took 45 mins to come.But all in all very good location and cheap and comfortable surroundings.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
hibolton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your constructive comments which I have passed to the relevant departments.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future..

Thanks again.

Dieter Koch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolton
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Bolton Whites Hotel
Bolton Whites Hotel
#2 of 13 in Bolton
Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Bolton Centre? Share your experiences!