“A family reunion at Whites Hotel”

Bolton Whites Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Eccleston, United Kingdom
“A family reunion at Whites Hotel”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

A terrific weekend. Everyone loved their rooms. The children had twin-bedded rooms with connecting doors to parents which made them feel safe yet independent. Friendly relaxed atmosphere and staff with attention to detail. Everything possible done to make our weekend a success. Thank you so much.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. It is always a pleasure to read reviews such as yours. I will share your comments to the whole team, this will act as motivator.

Once again, thanks for your review I do hope to welcome you and your family back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Glasgow
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Since early January I have spent a minimum of three nights per week at Bolton Whites. I last visited in early 2013 and can see the huge improvement since the change of new management. Heatcote & Co who provide the food and bar/restaurant staff have been consistent with their standards as has the quality of bedrooms. I have also recommended the hotel to other colleagues who have nothing but great comments about the hotel (huge relief) - we have even just booked our Xmas party! Credit where is it due this venue is great!

Room Tip: The pitch view rooms and suites are fab!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to read comments such as yours. I will forward your comments to Mr Heathcote, who I am sure will be as pleased as I am.

I do hope to welcome you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the near future.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed on a business trip at this hotel. I found a lot of the staff had a 'does my face look bothered' attitude -

The classic being when we requested dessert at our evening meal - to be told " it's too late for dessert" which was then quickly followed with "well truth is I can't be bothered to get it" before walking off.

At breakfast requested coffee four times before giving up.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Doogle2014
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We used to stay at this hotel alot - then we switched to the next door Premier Inn as the breakfast was better and alot cheaper as kids eat free (Bolton whites charged full price for my 11 year old son) and the beds were more comfy. We decided to give Bolton Whites another go as it has just changed hands. I'm sorry to say I was disappointed. The breakfast was still very cold and the mushrooms were freezing. We stayed in the suite and I was hoping that they might have replaced the matresses on the sofa bed but no...it was so uncomfortable that I ended up sleeping on the floor. The mattress on the double bed wasn't much better. The sofa was still covered with horrible stains. This is such a GREAT hotel and the staff are so helpful and friendly but I'm afraid we will be returning to the Premier Inn. Good point is the pool and sauna/steam room/jacuzzi. This was a lovely way to spend the afternoon

Room Tip: Don't book the suite if someone needs to sleep on the sofa bed-the springs make it unbearable
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank gamann191270
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Bolton Whites Hotel on Tripadvisor. I was disappointed to read that your breakfast was cold, I will forward you comments onto Mr Heathcote who I am sure will be as disappointed as I am.

I was also disappointed to read that your mattress was uncomfortbale and you did not have a good nights sleep. As for the stain on the mattress I will forward your comments to our Housekeeping team to investigate further.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the near future. If we have the pleasure please contact me directly.
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I always use the health suiTe and let me say it's the best one around which many don't do. I attend once a week on a minimum basis..
So as I pay for the service I thought I would use the gym and honestly I wasn't really satisfied due to the equipment not being up to standards and no kept clean.. I thought I would report it but couldn't find anyone.
On my way out I told the receptionist as you would you'd expect a complimentary visit but never even got that..

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank C-TECH1
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Bolton Whites Hotel. I was disappointed to read your comments about the equipment not being kept clean.

I will forward you comments onto the Leisure manager to recify the issue. I do hope to welcome you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the very near future.
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at Whites a number of times when it was a de Vere hotel. We booked 3 rooms for New Year's Eve, one of which was a Penthouse Suite for use as the family 'base' during the celebrations. When we found that the hotel was no longer a de Vere we were concerned, so emailed the hotel to make sure the booking was still OK. We received confirmation so were all happy.

We checked in and went to our rooms. To our dismay, the Penthouse Suite turned out to be a normal room with a pitch view. As we had used a Penthouse Suite before we knew we had been down graded. A swift complaint to Reception resulted in various excuses, even being told that we had booked the room, a blatant lie or misconception.

To be fair, we received free breakfasts and a discount on the pitch view room. But we did not get the Suite we had booked specifically for our New Year's Eve celebrations.

The Reception Manager promised that we would receive an explanation for the lack of a Suite. This didn't happen so we emailed asking for one. After more than a week of no reply we emailed again. The reply didn't give a definite explanation trying to blame system problems, so another email was sent asking specific queries. As no reply has been forthcoming this review is being posted as pointed out to Whites.

The hotel is still excellent, rooms very good, staff helpful but my usual four or five stars are now two for ruining our 2013 year end for six people.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank DonJan_Wirral
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review on Tripadvisor, sincere apologies that you have had cause to raise concern with regard your room request. While I fully appreciate your frustration at the provision of an explanation, there is no other reason I can give you other than we encountered an overbooking situation for our Penthouse Suite as a result of a new installation. I am pleased that a good will gesture was made towards all 3 rooms for the inconvenience in which you encountered. Please further rest assured the way in which this matter was dealt with on the day is being looked into internally and appropriate action will proceed.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the very near future, if we have the pleasure please contact me direct and I will ensure you are upgraded to a Penthouse Suite on your next visit.
Banbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Arrived after a long drive. wandered around a darkened restaurant, find someone to speak to, find out the much hyped restaurant is closed on sundays!!! The choice of bar food is minimal and slow to arrive. The bedrooms are dated as are the manually operated t.v's!! constant interference made majority of the channels un-useable. There is clear evidence of mould in the bathroom and overall im massively underwhelmed by the room. Glad the companys paying and ive not wasted my own money.

1 Thank Siobhan C
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I can only apologise for the restaurant being closed on your rrival. As for the TV's these are going to be replaced in the very near future.

I must apologise for the mould in the bathroom, I will forward you comments to the maintenance team. I do hope we have the pleasure to welcoming you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the very near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolton
Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
#10 of 13 in Bolton
Travelodge Bolton Central River Street
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Bolton Whites Hotel? Share your experiences!