“The hotel lets down the staff!!!”

Bolton Whites Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Bolton, United Kingdom
“The hotel lets down the staff!!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We arrived late - after midnight - following an event in the area and were pleased a room was available. The receptionist was extremely friendly and helpful, a credit to the hotel. We were shown to our room which although dated seemed quite nice having been upgraded to a pitch view.

We ordered room service (two pizzas) which were all that were on offer. The food was terrible!! The memeber of staff who brought it to the room again friendly and polite - again a credit to the hotel.

The air conditioning was broken - there was a free standing heater and a fan which we had to have on all night (noisy therefore restless sleep) as we were pitch side we couldn't open a window so the room was hot and stuffy and we had a terrible nights sleep. When I wanted to fill out the complaint form there was no pen available.

Breakfast was good. The food was fresh and hot and was being constantly replaced. The staff on hand again were exceptional and more than happy to help.

Upon check out the receptionist was lovely and couldn't have been more helpful.

Its such a shame that the hotel did not meet up to the standards of the staff. We both said that we would have much preferred a night at the premier inn over the road as at least they guarantee a good nights sleep.

Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Emma_Jayne65
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is always great to receive positive feedback about staff, we endeavour all of our team members to deliver excellent service. I was however disappointed to read that the hotel did not meet your expectations. I will discuss the issue rasied with regards to the Air Conditioning with the maintenance team.

One again thanks for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Surrey
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Quite a grotty hotel. Well in need of a good clean and a lick of paint. If you were just here for the football then I suppose it couldn't be any easier, but as a hotel for a business stay etc, it's quite dopey.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank TomSurrey
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I am disappointed to read that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would be grateful if you could contact me at the hotel so we can discuss your concerns further. I will look forward to speaking to you in the near future.
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had a meeting in the afternoon, arrived by train, a short 5 minute walk to the hotel, part of the Bolton Wanderers FC
Pleasant evening, though the TV's could do with an upgrade - the following morning attended a conference, excellent views of the ground, quite a pleasant experience. Immaculately clean, excellent service and a reasonable rate. Would most definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay. We recently became an independent hotel and are now owned by Bolton Wanderers Football Club. We will be upgrading televisions in all the bedrooms within the next couple of months.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will look forward to welcoming you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the very near future.
Lancashire
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was a little apprehensive at the thought of the hotel being in a stadium but was really surprised. It was lovely, the pool area was very pleasant, the bar too and the rooms very nice, nothing out of the ordinary, but still nice. My only fault was the rooms needed some kind of adjustable air conditioning as they were a bit warm but if you opened the windows you could hear the late nighters coming in (loud and noisy)

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and got one on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read that your room was clean and you had a comfortable stay.

I was disappointed to hear that your room was warm. I will discuss this issue with the maintenance team. Once again, thanks for taking the time to write a review, I hope to see you again at Bolton Whites Hotel in the near future.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Nice Swimming Pool, Free Parking, Good Access To Shops & Restaurants.

Only negative is that they have very old CRT TV's in the room and aerial reception can be poor depending on what channels you are viewing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor, we really appreciate your comments. We recently became an independent hotel and are now owned by Bolton Wanderers Football Club. The hotel is now trading as Bolton Whites Hotel, within this we are replacing televisions in all the bedrooms.

Thanks again for your comments, we hope to see you again at Bolton Whites Hotel in the near future.
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Lovely pool and jacuzzi. Steam room was nice too. Bar food quite good but restaurant too pricey. We were upgraded for free to a room overlooking the pitch which was amazing. A lovely gesture by really nice receptionists.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Margaret V,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to hear that the staff on reception were helpful and you enjoyed your stay.

I would also like to thank you for your comemnts regarding the prices in the restaurant. The prices reflect on the quality of the food on our menu which is put together by our 2 Michelin Star chef Paul Heathcotes. I will pass your comments onto his team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a response on TripAdvisor, I look forward to welcoming you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed as a family of four at this hotel on a recent friday night.
The customer service was excellent.
I had booked a twin room for the teenagers and the penthouse suite for my husband and I.
They were out of twin rooms by the time we checked in, which was quite late.
So they gave the kids their own rooms. (They really couldn't share a double bed...)
That's what should happen, but I was amazed and impressed it did without any prodding or moaning. The front desk guy who was on duty was really great.
After we got home, I realised we were without an Ipad. I wasn't' sure where we hd lost it. We were lots of places.
I called and spoke to a woman in housekeeping, who had the device in safe keeping.
She is now packing it up to post back to us. Very helpful, and very relieved they had found it.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. And we will stay here the next time we are in Bolton.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the football pitch! My son loved it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank liketOtravel00742
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor, I appreciate your comments. It is great to receive positive feedback about staff, we endeavour all of our team members to deliver excellent service.

Once again, thanks for providing your feedback we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Bolton Whites Hotel in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolton
Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
#10 of 13 in Bolton
Macdonald Kilhey Court

Been to Bolton Whites Hotel? Share your experiences!