Bolton Whites Hotel
$71
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
1,361 results
All reviewspitch view roomfootball pitchpenthouse suitepitch sidebolton wanderersretail parkde vere whitesleisure facilitieslovely hotelfootball matchbusiness tripmatch dayssteam roomgood sizereception staffexcellent staybar area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have been staying at the De Vere Whites Hotel for the past 5 weeks, and all i can say is, WOW! the service from all of the staff has been brilliant, and after long days and sometimes not the best of days at work, going back to the welcome from the staff there is brilliant, I am now on first names terms with most of the staff because of there friendliness and mannerism in the environment they're working in. The wardrobe in the rooms is slightly close to the bed but that's nothing at all to complain about, beds are fantastically comfortable, bathrooms are excellent, and the quality of both the bar and restaurant menu is fantastic along with the breakfast, the only thing i could suggest is that the portions for things like the chips on the bar menu are a little bit bigger than they are. Only major issue is the amount of children in the hotel from the Bolton Academy with the noise they make and running around the corridors, I found a group of Australian kids to be chucking water at each other down the corridor a couple of weeks ago.

Overall brilliant stay, and i look forward to checking in again next week for another 6 weeks!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Jsully_13,

Many thanks for the fantastic feedback which you recently left on Tripadvisor!!

My team and I are naturally delighted to hear that you have had a great stay with us over the past five weeks and we look forward to welcoming you back once again when you return to stay for another six weeks.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The hotel looks good from the outside, but as a hotel expert i can say that its not up to proper 4 star standards, so if you want a sophisticated hotel experience you wont find it here.

The hotel offers good rates though and for these reasons, its worth while staying.

However;

We had to order our lunch at the bar and pay in advance, my meal was poorly presented, my lager flat and the plates were not cleared even after 30 minutes of us finishing the meal. There wasn't a waiter about the whole time. More reminiscent of a cheap Witherspoons pub including the clientele.

One of two lifts not working meaning lengthy waits, and one entrance door out of service. Spoke to a guest who informed me that the lift was broken last week.

Breakfast really basic, patisserie consists of a small wooden tray with tiny pastries (7) left at 9.30 and these were not of a high standard, scrambled eggs left for far too long, dry and powdery. Not 4 star at all.

This is the second time we have stayed, and both visits were roughly the same in all respects. We will be happy to stay again given our needs (location) and only hope he hotel improves to its potential.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LWDOTCOM
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear LWDOTCOM,

Thank you for taking the time to respond with your feedback on Tripadvisor after having recently stayed with us at De Vere Venues Whites, Bolton.

We very much value and appreciate your feedback and I am somewhat disappointed that the service levels that you have experienced on this occassion did not meet with your expectations.

One of the internal doors to the hotel reception was purposely kept locked to prevent cold air from entering into the building and a notice was displayed in front of the door to explain such.

We sincerely appreciate your constructive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites, Bolton in the very near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed on Friday night and have to say the hotel was lovely. Could hardly believe I only paid £20 for the room. Breakfast was an extra £15, but worth it. Thought we were going to have problems with youngsters running up and down the corridors, but my husband asked them to keep the noise down and it was fine. Planning our next stay already. Well done everyone

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Elizabeth S,

Many thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us at De Vere Venues Whites, Bolton.

I am delighted to receive your feedback and your very kind comments have been passed on to all members of my team.

The team at De Vere Venues Whites continually strive to provide excellent levels of service throughout the property and it is our pleasure to hear such favourable feedback from your kind self.

Thank you once again again and we look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Reception staff pleasant,
Free car parking
Free wi fi
Room clean.
Excellent breakfast.

Handy location for major routes.

Within a retail park.

Negatives -

Noise from cage fighting event attendees leaving ground during early hours.

Lounge area could be improved as tables left dirty,although not many customers.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank MrS2013
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear MrS2013,

Many thanks for providing us with your feedback on TripAdvisor after having stayed with us at De Vere Venues Whites, Bolton.

I would like to apologise in that your sleep was disrupted by attendees from one of our events and that your table was not cleaned properly despite the bar being quiet when you arrived irrespective of a large group of people who had just left the bar to attend another on of our functions in the hotel.

We look forward to welcomng you back in the very near future and until then remain with,

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2013

2 Adults 2 Children aged 9 & 6
Stayed b&b 22nd-23rd March in a Penthouse Suite.

This is our second review about this hotel and i must say it will not be as good as the first review.
We used Whites Hotel as a base for our short break to Manchester because having stayed here before we had a good idea what to expect but left the hotel slightly disappointed.
The lady on check in was really nice, just what we expected.
We arrived at the hotel about 5pm, the weather was really bad (snow and ice) all the way down so we decided to eat in the hotel bar.
The food was really good and we were made welcome by all the staff.
After our meal it was off to bed, we were having a day at Chill Factor on the Saturday so wanted a good nights rest.
The problem was the bedroom was really cold and my wife and kids had trouble sleeping.
We just put this down to the icy conditions outside so didn't feel the need to complain.
On our return to the hotel after our day out we again decided to eat in the bar.
The young girl on the bar had a face like a smacked a**e, not only did she not want to be there she made it quite obvious to everyone of the fact, at one point telling the kids to shut up while they were at the bar waiting to ask her for something.
My kids are very polite so they would not have been misbehaving but again i let this go because everyone has an off day.
The bar area was quite busy and the staff were out of their depth, they could not cope.
There did not seem to be any one person in charge, just a few young lady's trying to do their best yet failing miserably.
We are not the type of people to complain about anything really, we are a normal family, my wife is a teacher and i run my own business so we are both used to dealing with the public and we both understand how things work but Whites is supposed to be an upmarket hotel and the guests expect just a little more from the staff who work there and when they dont get that bit extra have every right to complain.
My wife gave up chocolate for lent so asked if she could have some plain biscuits sent to the room, she is still waiting, the food order in the bar was wrong when it came but again not something worth complaining about we thought as the food that was brought looked great so we just tucked in.
On arrival at breakfast on the Sunday morning, the smacked a**e was at the entrance to the breakfast room, we were shown to a table and that was it.
We are still waiting to be offered tea and coffee but the food was excellent, the problem is the misserable girl at the entrance.
I had to make a massive effort to keep my mouth shut, we ate breakfast and left the building.
I think the bad points of our trip to Whites are minor but need pointed out so other guests know what to expect but dont be put off, Whites is a good hotel and most of the staff are down to earth and very friendly, the food is great and the rooms are excellent if a bit chilly.
There were a group of American people in the hotel and they were all complaining how cold the bedrooms were, i was told that some asked for heaters.
We will not be visiting Whites again i dont think, we will have to see.
I am away next week and have just booked Worsley Park which is just down the road, we fancied a change.
Whites is so handy for the Manchester area this is why we have used the hotel before but one or two things (or staff members) let this hotel down for us this time so we probably wont return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cumbrians66

Dear Cumbrian66,

Many thanks for your recent feedback on TripAdvisor.

As a valued returning guest, I wish sincerely apologise to you and your family in that your stay did not meet with your expecations on this occassion, despite the great review which you previously left for us.

I have spoken with my restaurant manager regarding your feedback and she has asked me to apologise for the service that you and your family received, which i can reassure has been addressed internally.

I would really like to discuss your recent stay with your kindself and would very much appreciate if you would be so kind enough to contact me directly at the hotel.

I look forward to hearing back from you in due course and until then remain with,

Kind Regards,