“Hotel itself was good, Shame about some of the guests!”

Bolton Whites Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Salford, United Kingdom
“Hotel itself was good, Shame about some of the guests!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here a few weekends ago and the hotel and staff itsself were lovely.
Hotel was great and was good for what we needed it for all the esssentials and for the price you really can not moan BUT......
About half 2 in the morning all i could hear from the room above was lots of banging, screaming and loud shouting for at least half an hour, finally I thought it had stopped then again I heard loud shouting, crying and swearing coming from the carpark.
Get up after an hour of lying there listening to it to see out the window two girls and a lad fighting in the car park over some issues that to me would be shown on Jeremy Kyle.
Either way not the hotels fault but after travelling and then being awake from half 2 till half 4 made me not best impressed but I would stay at the hotel again just for the fact the hotel and facilities are great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Tamar R,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback after staying at De Vere Venues Whites, Bolton.

I apologise in that your nights sleep was disrupted by some unruly guests who were asked to leave the hotel in the early hours of the morning.

My team and I sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future and until then remain with,

Gordon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I visited this hotel along with other family members as part of an anniversary party. We booked 7 rooms in total and all managed to get a dinner, bed and breakfast deal for £79 per room and we even got a bottle of wine with dinner. Even though there was a home game on, we were directed to dedicated parking for the hotel and the number of football supporters using the hotel was not over-bearing. The staff were excellent and the service at dinner was efficient and friendly. The leisure facilities were good and the fitness suite was well-equipped. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for good quality accommodation in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
PaulM101058,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us all with such fantastic feedback after your recent visit to De Vere Venues Whites, Bolton.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed Saturday night 16-03-13. Check in was fast and friendly we had room 520 towards the end of the right hand corridor on level 4 which can be confusing. The room was standard with plenty of wardrobe space and the usual array of things you normally find in this kind of hotel room, my wife would have liked a shower cap though. The hotel bar was very quiet and drinks seemed reasonable at £4 pint. We ate in Reflections restaurant which was also quiet the food and service was excellent. Check out was also pain free.......

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MartynBowes,

Blackburn, Lancashire
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at de Vere whites last night, and I must say what a lovely hotel with friendly staff. Breakfast is a must buffet style and very tasty. The bed was amazing and our room spotless. Would definitely stay again. Loads of restaurants and cinema, bowling close by with Scott's bar across the road. With on site swimming pool, gym sauna, steam room and jacuzzi perfect for relaxing. Had a fantastic time thankyou all at the de Vere

• Stayed March 2013
Dear susanp1972,

york uk
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel after staying at the brand new east midlands orchard hotel, so I suppose after brand new and not much used building it was more noticeable how tired and dated some of the fixtures in our room were although everything was quite serviceable and clean.
We purchased the room in the spring sale at a very good price and breakfast was extra I think about £7.50 each which was a reasonable price I thought, not too over the top price wise for eat what you want buffet style. We were told that we could use the leisure facilities when we checked in but did not have swimwear with us so did not on this occasion.
We went out to explore the local area as the hotel is situated within the Bolton football stadium and the surrounding area which was in the middle of a shopping park with the usual branded shops and several food outlets. I must say that I do agree with the review that stated that the only reason for staying here would be for the football or an event, although easy access and good road links would be good for business travel.

Room Tip: You would have to specify if you wanted to overlook the football pitch.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BessyDog
Dear BessyDog,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback after your recent visit to De Vere Venues Whites, Bolton.

Garstang, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife & I booked in at the De Vere Whites hotel at Horwich, Bolton for one night as we were attending an event at the same venue. I've stayed in a De Vere hotel before & was quite impressed but this one..... well it just fell short of our expectations. We booked in early to take advantage of the facilities before heading out for our evening function. Nice reception & a freindly check in experience. Our room was on the first floor & right next to the "Pure" bar which gave Mrs reviewer some cause for concern but feeling assured that we would be amongst the last out of the bar I didn't think it was worth asking for a move. Bedroom view...... Car park & M61 but thats the same for all but the flashy few that can afford a view over Bolton Wanderers football pitch. The room was a little bit tired looking. The hotel generally looks modern but the TV's in the room are of the old CRT type & ours had a cracked casing which had been repaired with Araldite. The bathroom could have been cleaner. Stains on the cealing in the main bedroom but in general OK. I've recently stayed in Premier Inns & took advantage of their £19 room sale. Their rooms were far superior than this £75 one. Swimming pool small but clean & adequate. Jacuzzi wasn't working. Steam room & sauna were fine. Breakfast was of the buffet type & was very good. All in all nott bad but i've definately stayed in better for less money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank devine0969
Dear devine0969,

I am sorry in that your expectations were not met on this occassion and I do value and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

If you are visiting for a football match (like we were) this is the perfect hotel. On a freezing cold day, I was in my warm room in little over a minute after the final whistle.

I left it a bit late to book for a match day so was unable to bag a pitch view room, but the room we had was good. Good bed and very clear and serviceable.

However, the TV was like something from the 1990's. The hotel needs to realise all programs are in wide screen now, and the only thing this relic would have been good for would have been Donkey, Kong, Pac Man or Space Invaders.

We had dinner in the main restaurant, which was at best, just about OK. 3 Steaks were ordered Rare. One was medium, one was well done and the other would have snapped in half and given me splinters if I had bent it in half.

However, a complimentary bottle of wine was offered as an apology and 3 more steaks - medium were soon wheeled out. I realised this was as good as it was going to get, so didn't make another complaint - plus the wine was very nice!

Breakfast was comparable to that of a Premier Inn in terms of selection and quality, although a bit more expensive. Nothing to fault in particular, but next time I would give this a miss.

All the staff were very friendly and the pool was excellent, although the Jacuzzi was shut. It had been for some weeks we were told, so this could have easily been relayed at booking.

Our visit was on a cold March day, so the lack of air conditioning in the room was not a bother.

I would return here without a doubt. Next time though, I would look at the fixtures and book early to try and secure a pitch view room. I would also make use of the eateries on the retail park rather than the hotels restaurant.

Overall a modern, clean hotel, however, if you were not coming to a football match, I have no idea why this location would appeal to anyone - unless they were a fast food freak and wanted to be within a 5 minute walk of Pizza Hut, MacDonalds, Subway, KFC, Nando's and others I can't remember!

Room Tip: Book early and get a pitch view room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kingcole1974
Dear Kingcole1974,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us all with your feedback after your recent visit to De Vere Venues Whites, Bolton.

I wish to apologise in that your steaks were not cooked as requested and I have instructed my head chef to address this matter with the chef that was on duty that particular evening to ensure that there is no repeat of such.

I also apologise in that jacuzzi was not repaired prior to your arrival. When the spare part for the jacuzzi was installed the engineer then found that another part of the jacuzzi required replacing hence the reason why we failed to inform you prior to arrival as we were lead to believe that the jacuzzi would have been fully commisioned once the first part was replaced.