“Very Poor Customer Service”

Bolton Whites Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
plymouth
“Very Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed February 26, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for our Wedding Anniversary at the end of January.We were unfortunate as there was a private party booked and a lot of the guests around our room were noisy well into the night. The reception sorted out the noise at 1245 am but then it started all over again at 400am!!. The room doors do slam and make a loud echo along the whole corridor and the room next to ours were having an argument and the noise kept us awake.
In the morning the front desk staff were quick to acknowledge our complaint as they had a record of it and they promised that as we had pre paid in full they would get the Duty Manager to conta\ct us to see what could be done.
I have contacted the hotel on several occasions and nobody has bothered to contact me.
I would say that the management at this hotel are indifferent to customer service standards.

• Liked — modern clean rooms
  • Disliked — lack of sound insulation
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
England
Reviewed February 3, 2008

The hotel is part of the Reebok stadium and is located adjacent to junction 6 of the M61, quite a way from Bolton town centre. There is plenty of parking but the car park will be more crowded if Bolton Wanderers are playing at home. Room rates here vary hugely it was worth shopping around for the best deal, try booking well in advance. Reception staff were pleasant and efficient. Many housekeeping staff don't appear to speak English which could be a problem if you need to ask for anything. The room was fine, modern in design with double bed, dressing table, TV, lounger chair and table. The bathroom was fine. One problem - the hairdryer cut out after 30 seconds, luckily I didn't have an important meeting to attend! There was plenty of hanging space for clothes but no drawers. Breakfast was a standard hotel buffet with hot choices, cerals, breads but not much fruit. The gym was quite small but I suppose that is to be expected in a hotel. If you like English beer, I recommend the Pendle Witch pub in nearby Atherton.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Bit pricey
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Brighton9
Cheshire
Reviewed January 31, 2008

My wife and I booked a suite for a quick get away. Ok the hotel is essntially part of a footbal stadium but it does little to detract from it once inside.

The room was very modern, open plan with screens and spacious. The bed was delightful. A very nice stay for couples and indeed busines travellers.

The reception staff were not welcoming and came across as snobbish. On check in my wife was told in a very matter of fact unapologetic way that we couldn't have a smoking room. Even though this was what we booked and had written confirmation of that fact. However my wife being the woman that she is mirrored the receptionists attitude and the non-existent smoking room suddenly materialised. I would say frankly the receptionist was very rude and I have seen better welcomes at Hostels.

A shame as the hotel has a lot to offer of course it would be wrong to judge all staff on the basis of one person but first impressions last.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — The reception staff
  • Stayed May 2006
Rhyl, Denbighshire
Reviewed January 26, 2008

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights between Christmas and New Year with my partner, unfortunately I was unwell whilst I was there, I had the dreaded flu.

This hotel was easy to find, located within the Reebok Stadium which I thought was amazing, I have never seen a football stadium before, I only live in Rhyl! The reception was large, polite helpful reception staff, first impressions, very good.

The room was modern, nicely decorated, a nice bathroom, clean and comfortable.

Leisure club, nice, clean, free lockers, free towels, steam room, jacuzzi and sauna. It wasnt too busy in there so that was nice.

There was a wedding on at the hotel on the Saturday and what did annoy me was they thought they owned the place, very rude - but I avoided them all as much as possible!

We ate in a pub just over the way on both nights, the food was lovely there. We did not go into Bolton but there was a large retail park within walking distance with a cinema, bowling and several shops. There was also a 24 hour asda which was useful for me, i needed more medication for my flu, Asda was right next door.

Breakfast in the mornings, the 1st morning I was unhappy with the seats we were awarded, they did not ask if it was ok so we didnt really get and choice or a chance to ask to move, we were shoved on a tiny table under a false palm tree. We did not get asked on the 1st morning if we wanted tea or coffee and the staff were too busy running round after what I think were the guests from the wedding the day before. The 2nd morning, great seat, better service and got a pot of tea too! Food was nice at breakfast, lots of choice, full english, as much toast as you want and also cereals and crumpets.

Overall, if I hadnt have been ill, my stay at this hotel would have been good, would have been even better if the wedding guests werent as rude and ignorant as they were.

• Liked — Leisure Club and room
  • Disliked — Rude Wedding Guests!!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MinnieMouse83
Reviewed January 1, 2008

booked this hotel through hotel website (which was suprisingly cheaper than a lot of last minute websites) got a great deal of £58 for the room including breakfast. The hotel is easy to find as it is built into the reebok stadium! There are plenty of parking spaces!! and there is a retail park within walking distance where there are several shops, and a few fast food places + a bowling alley with a bar- which can be useful as you cannot pay cash at the hotel bar after 11! We were told you had to have put credit on your room card to be able to purchase a drink after this time! The hotel was lovely - and clean throughout. We used the swimming pool area which was quite small but still very nice. We were dissapointed that there were only around 10 hotel rooms with views onto the pitch - and we were not lucky enough to be allocated one of these. Although you can get a good view of the pitch from the restaurant. The rooms were very clean, and the staff helpful. At breakfast there was plenty of choice and the food was lovely! Had a great time here and would definately stop here again!

• Liked — nice rooms
  • Disliked — not able to pay cash at bar after 11pm!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2007

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with our two sons (10 & 13) for an overnight stay while visiting family in the area. When the hotel was booked with our travel agent we were told the double and twin rooms would be interconnecting but on arrival these rooms were simply adjacent and to be honest I was too tired to complain. The standard of the rooms was excellent, exactly as you would expect from a modern hotel. Staff were friendly and the breakfast which was included in the price was first class. All in all a nice experience and I would definately stay here again, hopefully next time I would have time to try out the spa.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Rooms not interconnecting
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Ballyclare
Reviewed October 8, 2007

stayed here with the family for a weekend - double and a twin room - booked direct with the hotel website on their advanced saver rate and a room was about £70 B&b - Hotel is well located and if u like football, ideal - we went to the Bolton Chelsea game on the sunday and the convenience of it all is fab - also enjoyed the hotels leisure suite - upon arrival the reception staff assured us that breakfast was from 730-1030 at weekends and this suited perfectly as we had a late night out on the saturday - when we got to our rooms about 2am on Sun morn we found a typed note to state that we had to get to breakfast for 0930 as this was match day - I took this up later with reception who were adament that they had done their bit to inform guests of the earlier breakfast but this was annoying as we wanted a lie in and knew nothing until we got to our rooms - I then asked if we could keep our room until midday as check out was at 11am but again there was no flexibility and they refused - I like this hotel and this is my 2nd visit, the room decor is getting a little tired but the general atmosphere and ambience is 4 star - the location is excellent for the Horwich shopping area for the motorways and Manchester but I think there is room for improvement - breakfast was lovely

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolton
Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
#10 of 13 in Bolton
Travelodge Bolton Central River Street
Macdonald Kilhey Court

Been to Bolton Whites Hotel? Share your experiences!